Domain Manage

Parking?

Discussion in 'Nominet Tag Holders' started by jimmc, Feb 6, 2016.

1. jimmc United Kingdom

jimmc Active Member

Hi All,

I'm going to take a load of my domains off sedo and go solo. Putting for sale pages on each.

My question is can I change the name servers on all of them in one go in my nom account or do I have to change them all one-by-one?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. gregfindley

gregfindley Active Member

You should be able to modify them all in one go if they're all in the same Nominet account

4. jimmc United Kingdom

jimmc Active Member

Found that you can highlight 200 on each page and change all

5. jimmc United Kingdom

jimmc Active Member

So for anyone else, just click the top button (left) above the domains in your account and follow the buttons as if you were changin one - to change the entire 200 to the new name server and this will overright everything before!!

6. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

You can also do them 300 at a time if you log in, select "Web Domain Manager" and "Manage Domains", and then click the "Modify" button.

So if you need to do your whole portfolio, first download the list of all the domains in it (scroll to the bottom of the page you land on after "Manage Domains" and there's a button there that will give you the full list) and then go through it in something like Excel, highlighting 300 names at a time.

Not ideal, but it's not too slow once you get into the swing of things. I recommend going through the Excel and adding a blank cell between every block of 300 domains before you paste anything into the form at Nominet - that way there's no danger of missing any or doing some twice.

The same process works for renewals (just use the "Renew" button) if you want to bulk-process those 300 at once.