Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

PhotographyStore co uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by shane8960, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shane8960

shane8960 Active Member

Caught this today, I know its not going to be worth a fortune, but seemed like quite a decent name to me.

Any ideas on value?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Reseller = £20, end user £500

4. shane8960

shane8960 Active Member

Thanks for the feedback. I had guessed at around £500ish for an end user, but I had thought more like low £xxx for a reseller.

Would be interested to see if anyone else has any opinions?

5. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

The com $695.00 net $597.00 info are all for sale …? Without any form of development think you would struggle to sell it… especially as the photography market is really taking a hammering due to the recession and that nearly every mobile phone has one on it…

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  6. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I would attempt to sell this around the £500 mark. The problem for me with this domain is that it sounds a bit general and vague which takes away from the brandability aspect.

Any traffic would make it attractive to an affiliate, but without having looked, I doubt traffic is that high. I have digitalcamerashops.co.uk and I feel that is a stronger domain.

Good luck with it.

Rgds

7. shane8960

shane8960 Active Member

If your developing for the uk though a .co.uk is better than both .net and .info (in my opinion).

Photography-store.co.uk is also available for $199 (£134), so I think it should be somewhere between the .com value and the hyphenated value. Also, where did you get the .com value from? I had only seen the .net and assumed the .com would have been 50% or so more (around the $900 mark).

8. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

All this .com is worth this much and .net a bit less so the .uk should be inbetween lark doesn't mean much because it depends who is selling the domains with different extensions.

A business might sell the .net for £4000 and an individual might sell the .com for only £500

9. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Maybe you should register the plural....That has the same number of local searches 210 exacts per month and is free to reg...?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.