Domain Manage

Phrases

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by Louie, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louie

Louie Member

I'm new here so apologies if this has been covered in earlier posts:

Is there much worth in registering "phrase" domains? For instance, I thought of a short phrase which, when I Googled it, it returned nearly 4 million results and is available as a .co.uk

But if someone already has this "phrase.com", is there any point registering the same phrase but with a .co.uk?

Also, how much relevance, if any, does the fact that this phrase returned nearly 4m Google results have?

Thanks in advance!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. ScottJ United Kingdom

ScottJ Well-Known Member

Phrase of the day was free to reg and gets 100-200 type ins per month and over 3000 visitors in total so they have value.

4. Louie

Louie Member

Thanks Scott. Sorry I should have been a bit clearer, I don't literally mean domain names with the word "phrase" in it, I mean a domain name which contains a phrase, such as "take a raincheck" or "have a nice day" (both horrible examples I know!).

5. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Louie

If you have identified a phrase that is searched for a lot (different from number of results, use keyword suggestion tools), you have traffic volume and you have some value, depending on what related advertising you can display, and how much the phrase will convert into advertising clicks. If the phrase you have identified relates to a product or service that sells well over the internet, then the phrase is much more worthy of registration.

Rgds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.