Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Pier/co/uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by wonder_lander, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilsrefugee

devilsrefugee Active Member

god no. Its unused right now, and the last post was early last year, because we have much bigger fish to be frying in all honesty.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Might depend on whether someone bought the trademark rights/brand name when former company went into liquidation.

4. wonder_lander United Kingdom

wonder_lander Well-Known Member

I've literally thrown up a FSB site in an hour and will see how it goes. It could do with some improvements like sub categories but it's at least got some products up!

I'm away for a week now so will tackle it next week and see how it's getting on!

5. namdas United Kingdom

namdas Active Member

just a quick note on resale value - its an attractive domain based on its history and backlinks, however an affiliate feed site is likely to get hit by panda sooner or later and I know I would be much less happy to buy a pandalised domain than one that's sat around with just a contact form on it.

you may end up swapping a few months of affiliate revenue for a higher overall sale. if you want to put an affiliate site on it in the meantime but keep it open for resale then pick just a handful of products and get content written at textbroker or similar, don't just put up an undedited feed.

6. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Indeed - Which is why I qualified my response with "on the face of it".

Probably wouldn't take much work to establish it's current status. Which is something I would do if I was the owner.

7. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Here appears to be the relevant TM: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/domestic?domesticnum=1116416 (I noticed that V&B have another TM in another class so need to be careful not to infringe that: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/domestic?domesticnum=2342479). The first appears to be dead but a quick call to IPO cannot hurt.

8. wonder_lander United Kingdom

wonder_lander Well-Known Member

I've sold a few things on the FSB site but have taken it down for now as there was some issues with the software.

Since the EMD and Panda update at the end of the month traffic has jumped up and I'm getting around 950 UV per week.

I'm trying to contact the various competitors of the pier to see if they want to lease the traffic from the domain. That's approx 50k visitors per year who I guess are very targeted to furniture and homeware.

Looking at furniture on the GKWT it shows a broad CPC of 77p. Am I right in pitching this that if all the visitors were interested in furniture then it would cost £38500 per year in adwords spend?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.