Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Placing ads ?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by doodlebug, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Hi ! i am getting to grips with domain trading and hopefully closing my first sale, but i am not very clear on Affiliate marketing, i have Googled plenty of resources and everything says it's not easy but you can make thousands and all these sites conveniently lead to affiliate companies.
    what do i want to know ?

1/ Do ads have to go on eg, an information site ?

2/ Can you have a site with just ads eg, Loansforpeople.com with just ad links ?

3/ Do all affilate companies/merchants check your site first ?

4/ Do you have to do lots of SEO work on these sites or can you just submit them to directories ?

5/ Do you guys spend endless hours on making sites and promoting them ?

6/ If you made a site with 1 page with info about say gerbils and placed ads on there, maybe 6 ads, how long would this take ?

NB* i have done research and read for hours but nothing becoming clear, if you could answer 1 question or all or if someone can point me to a useful article Thanks !!! much appreciated.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. nnh United Kingdom

nnh Active Member

1. You can place ads on any kind of web site?!
    2. No and yes, I surpose so! Content is better, without it you prob wont get much traffic...Google adsense does not allow ad only pages!
    3. Some do, some dont!
    4. Yes lots...
    5. No this is a domain name forum ;) Yes some will...
    6. What to write about gerbils or place ads on it?? :rolleyes:

Start with google adsense and maybe amazon and ebay. Some people are domainers some are affiliates, some are both, some do well usually in one or the other, but many fail at both :)

4. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Thanks !!!

Think i will start with simple sites with fresh content and place Google ads on them,
    I say gerbils because i know caringforgerbils.co.uk is available
    Thought i could do a site about gerbil healthcare and diet etc.
    Then stick some ads on there with links to my affiliate sites, i will start with Google ads.
    Thanks !!! NNH

5. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

1/ Do ads have to go on eg, an information site ?

You can put ads on any type of site you like as long as you have it approved by the network, e.g. blog, content site, forum, etc etc.

2/ Can you have a site with just ads eg, Loansforpeople.com with just ad links ?

Yes if you wanted but you won't get much search traffic if you don't have much content on your site.

3/ Do all affilate companies/merchants check your site first ?

Normally they will check at least the first site you ever tell them about, so make the first site you build half decent.

4/ Do you have to do lots of SEO work on these sites or can you just submit them to directories ?

It's up to you, but if you want to do well then it's worth getting a good natural search position. You will need plenty of backlinks (get them from article writing) and lots of good informative content on your site.

5/ Do you guys spend endless hours on making sites and promoting them ?

Yes, but once you've been doing it a while you can develop your own standard template that allows you to create a new site very quickly.

6/ If you made a site with 1 page with info about say gerbils and placed ads on there, maybe 6 ads, how long would this take ?

I think I could probably now do this in about four hours, the thing that would take longest would be writing the article about gerbils. However, it took me a long time to learn web design to begin with, and I have only reached this point after doing this for years.

Best rgds

6. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Retired Member

Thanks ! Accelerator !

Thanks for your clear information, Sorry took so long to reply with a Thankyou, forgot about this thread.
    Much apprecated !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.