Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Please Appraise helptobuyscheme.com

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by AssetDomains, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

Any chance you can take a minute give a quick valuation on this domain.

I thought a xxxx valuation was fair on this given the commissions available in this sector.

Interest from the domain forums has been far from impressive just a single enquiry after posting here and elsewhere.

So I contacted some end users who bid on the term and actually received a few more replies than usual when taking this approach

As of yet no interest with a 4 figure valuation

What am I missing with this domain is my valuation way out

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. jbworldwide United Kingdom

jbworldwide Active Member

Perhaps from an end-user point of view, they might think that people would be less inclined to click on a .com link as users may think it is a U.S. service and would naturally be looking for a .co.uk and probably a .gov.uk.

Also given that this will be funded through the big banks, I can only see brokers looking at this and they may feel that either a) their brand is strong enough and they don't need it (i.e. John Charcoal) or they want to see how the market moves before investing in it.

Just some thoughts and I may be completely wrong.

4. Edwin

Edwin Well-Known Member

It screams "development" if you can get the necessary FSA documentation, and put together a site all about what "help to buy" is, how people can qualify, what it means in terms of their mortgage (with examples) etc. etc. and then splash financial affiliate links everywhere to mortgage providers participating in Help to Buy (at the moment I gather not too many do, so even a list of all those which offer such mortgages could be valuable).

Agree with the comment about the .com hurting rather than helping in this particular case, but shouldn't be too much of an issue if you build a nice site and SEO it well.

5. AssetDomains

AssetDomains Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input Jb, Edwin I actually received a very low xxxx offer early this morning from an acorner that I'm weighing up.
    I'd love to have a crack at developing myself I'd imagine rewards could be very lucrative.
    The regulations in relation to financial websites are the biggest stumbling block for me having a go myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.