Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

please review http://getwritingnow.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Getting very little traffic and no Adsense income would welcome any comments and reviews especially on how to make this site better and generating some kind of income

Thanks in advance

I can't even see any AdSense on the site???

What are the main aims of your site?

Rgds

I can't even see any AdSense on the site???

What are the main aims of your site?

Rgds

Thanks for looking accelerator

I think I pressed the wrong button will check but there should have been one in the top right hand corner at least.

Aims of the site are two fold, blogging about the writing life both freelance and personal and trying to attract more clients

At the moment, it's not even evident you are looking for work. There is no mention of services offered or any call to action.

Rgds

website

At the moment, it's not even evident you are looking for work. There is no mention of services offered or any call to action.

Rgds

You're right accelorator, I took down the services page when I was having problems with Google crawling my site, seem to have those issues fixed now so will get the services page up and link to it from the blog could perhaps put a call to action on the home page - think I have some ads up now, thanks for looking and making these suggestions

Thanks

Thanks Accelerator, really useful information. Now got my services page up together with a call to action

I'm afraid my initial impression was not favourable. Trying to be constructive:

Get writing now, freelancing, freelance writer/Freelance writing and research,Derby the writing business, managing yourself and your time
reads like the keywords in a keyword tag - not the type of "learn how to make money out of freelance writing" (or whatever) tagline that will catch the reader's eye and draw them in

2 The top visual did not draw me in at all - I didn't understand it and it didn't make me want to keep reading. Personally, I would have an attractive top visual and then put this ad beneath it.

3 I found the dark grey and black colour scheme depressing - theyr'e not uplifting "look at how well I'm doing - you can do as well as me" colours.

Hope some of this helps.

Thanks

Thanks JJ1 will take a look and make those adjustments, still messing about with it and trying to get the hang of google analytics etc. Thanks again

far too much of the front page width(above the fold) being taken up by ads in my opinion with your actual blog post squashed into the left hand side....I would completely ditch one of the ad blocks here and have more space for content at least above the fold

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom