Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Please review the new website of the London domain summit

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
Hey guys and ladies,

Feedback and constructive criticism is the best thing when starting a new website, and it would be great to receive some valuable feedback from the Acorn community for the website I am doing for the Domain industry summit in London this August.

URL: https://summit.london

CMS: WP
Tickets sold at: EventBrite (sky-high fees, but good additional exposure)
Sponsored passes applications received through the default Contact Form 7. Does the job, though somehow I'm not too happy about the limited information received.

I am working on a sponsorship PDF, most probably the sponsor/exhibitor checkout will be done using WooCommerce + Stripe.

///
Not done:
main legal pages (in progress)
seo plugin (metas, etc). will probably use rankmath
sitemaps
///

Worried about: too many images, as these result in a heavy website. Will be addressing these at a later stage.
HB2GhXK.png

Pingdom report link: https://tools.pingdom.com/#5fc86fd904800000

Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated as the time is not on our side and wish to be as effective as possible!

Thank you in advance,
Helmuts

Use Litespeed Web Server with LSCache plugin linked to QUIC.cloud to optimise your images automatically to webp.

Use Litespeed Web Server with LSCache plugin linked to QUIC.cloud to optimise your images automatically to webp.

Thank you for the suggestion, though in this case I would need it put on a different server. Have put the website on our shared Cloud (includes all a webmaster would need).

did some basic work with images and reduced them to much smaller sizes:
Xj6fQOD.png

strangely, the report shows the total image size is 1mb, should be less.. later on will invest some time to find what creates this discrepancy (probably some auto-generated thumbnail)
Y7TEUNS.png

--
p.s. all frontpage images, apart from the logo, load from imgur ;)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom