Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Poor click through?

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by uk22, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uk22

uk22 Member

Hi

A site of mine has been at No2 (wikipedia is No1) for a term with 3600 local exacts for a month or so but I'm only getting 8 - 12 clicks per day which seems low or is it?

Is there formula for what should be expected?

Thanks
    Dave

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. AuthorityDomain United States

AuthorityDomain Active Member

I think that is to be expected. No 2 will probably get about 10-15 % of the overall search volume for that term. So 10% would be about 360 visitors per month or about 12 per day.

You could increase this and convert more of those visitors if your site title, description and url are more appealing and relevant to what they are searching for. Use call to action keywords will help too.

4. PoshTiger United Kingdom

PoshTiger Retired Member

Also think very carefully about your meta description - If it's tantalizing enough - people will click through...

5. uk22

uk22 Member

HI Thanks for the reply.

This is the first site that I have got to the top that was actually making decent money and on the way up so I was hoping it was going to get more traffic.

I will have a play with it as you suggest.

Thanks

6. uk22

uk22 Member

Sorry I had not seen this

Thanks, I will do

Thanks

7. GotLiveChat

GotLiveChat Member

What do the web site log reports say about the keywords being used to find your site? Do the KWs visitors are using match what you're trying to get them to visit?

8. uk22

uk22 Member

hi yeh, pretty much. The main 2 keyword is exactly the domain.

The rest are 3 words including the exact which is growing.

The point of the post was I was making reasonable money as the site grew and the main keyword was moving up the serps, I was just disappointed with the results of the main term when it got there.

Need to bump wikipedia of the top, as I am sure nobody searching the term needs it explaining.

Thanks.

9. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Depends on the type of site - but try to phrase your Description (maybe even title) to target a market other than those interested in Wikipedia?

For example, if you're offering a service/product, then even if Wikiepdia is top, people will be more likely to click on your site if it's clear they can get what they want then just click on an information site like Wikipedia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.