Domain Manage

Possible scam?

Discussion in 'Domain Name Scams' started by cm1975, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cm1975 United Kingdom

cm1975 Well-Known Member

I received this email the other day. I'm assuming it's a scam, especially since the domain had already dropped a month previous!!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

Nothing out of the ordinary there that stands out as worrying imo.

4. Sound United Kingdom

Sound Well-Known Member

Its a scam do a google search of the name Brandon Birdwell for more info.........

5. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

I don't know, a search on that finds this

"Thanks for posting this, Lisa. Just got an email from Brandon Birdwell today.

What's interesting is I just sold a domain name to someone but the interaction in that case was entirely different. It was film producer who wanted the domain name because he was filming a documentary with the same name as the domain I owned. He was gracious and appreciative from the beginning. The whole transaction went smoothly.

Because I like the topic of his documentary he and I are keeping in touch in case I can assist him with publicity (I do PR and viral marketing).

Guess I'm lucky to have a positive experience to use as a comparison. Yeah the Brandon thing has an entirely different vibe."

So he might just be sending out standard template emails to save time.

Depends how he wants to pay, which service he uses and if he asks for an appraisal. The next email maybe more suspicious, but nothing looks dangerous in that to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.