Domain Manage

Premium domains - who decides

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by Webtoolkeeper, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webtoolkeeper

Webtoolkeeper Active Member

Who decide whether the domain is premium or not? How can we consider if the domain is premium or not? I've seen a lot of good domains and they are not premium while also seeing a lot of bad domains and they are premium....

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. miked

miked Active Member

The glib answer to that is the people that own/run sites where domains are listed as premium! There are certain qualities people may point to length, number of words, likely search volume, competition, matches a popular product or sevice, etc., etc. - but really it's just collective opinion.

Perhaps in the end a premium domain is one someone's willing to pay lots of money for...

4. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

It's not an exact science - when a domains 'wanted' it's wanted.

In terms of a 'marketing' budget even £10k is a small proportion to assign to the domain - Not many at the co.uk level - It just dosen't have much 'Gilt edge' at the moment.

For .coms

Keep an eye on ALL 'market developments' your interested in - whats coming in to play and how many players are spending ? Don't worry about searching for terms.

they'll keep arriving if your "listening" ;)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  5. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

On here it goes to a moderator vote but appraising and valuing domains is always a difficult one so it just comes down to personal opinions.

Admin

6. Webtoolkeeper

I thought before that popular words are mostly considered premium domains... or single-word domains?

I recently found a perfect domain for my planned business. The domain/keyword doesn't have a good search data (around a hundreds in exact search) but it was a good keyword combination. To my surprise, only .org was available. I checked the .com and it was taken, same with the .net. The only thing that surprises me was that, the .com domain is parked and for sale with minimum offer not lower than $2,500. I really wanted the domain but my budget is far below so I let it slipped and registered the .org domain. I can't believe such word combinations costs that much...

7. eddieb United Kingdom

eddieb Active Member

It also is constantly changeing as new words and new products come into use.

8. Webtoolkeeper

I found a local domain and registered a .com. All other extensions are available. It's s single word and after several weeks, someone offered me to buy if for $1K. I was shocked but decided to keep the domain and registered the .net for $10. I think I'm lucky :D

9. javsta

javsta Member

Good work, wish I had a few more days like that. ;)

10. gdomains United Kingdom

gdomains Active Member

what was the domain you reg out of interest :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.