Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Publicising your auctions

Discussion in 'Selling Domain Names' started by theonemanyuri, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theonemanyuri

theonemanyuri Active Member

Do you guys bother publicising your lower value domain auctions? I have on here and it's obviously available to see on the auction site itself, but do you advertise it anywhere else, or is there anywhere specifically for highlighting domains going to auction? Cheers

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

I normally just advertise on here if it is a low value domain, sometimes I will post on a4u as well.

4. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Twitter might be worthwhile if you have enough followers.

Rgds

5. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

That reminds me, I normally post on twitter as well!

6. theonemanyuri

I've only ever used twitter to publicise a mini site, and i doubt it has more than 10 followers! A4U is a good idea though, I'll sign up..

Is domainlore like ebay, in that people bid late?

7. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

Some people leave it late too bid however, if anyone makes a bid within the last 10 mins of an auction it extends the auction by 10 mins everytime a late bid is placed. That way you get the best price.

8. theonemanyuri

I thought I read about an anti sniping measure, that's good. I hope some people are leaving it late to bid, I don't fancy paying a tenner for nothing!

9. richrf

richrf Active Member

I guess it depends upon what you mean by low value, but I have seen an amazing number of domains in the low hundreds being featured on Flippa (costs $19 for the listing and an additional $40 for the Feature listing). In total about one-fifth of the listings on Flippa are featured - which is a lot by my measurement.

I have no idea how many additional eyeballs you get for a low valued domain, but on Flippa it netted me about 1000 (that was before I was moved down to the third page of the featured listings, which at that point you do not get much visibility). Beyond that, I noticed quite a number of visitors to my site from NamePros, DNForum, and Experienced-People.net (Experienced-People was the best).

I did several other things such as a press release. Also, there are some domain groups on LinkedIn which deserve your attention. It's some amount of work, so it depends upon the domain name.

Hope this helps,

Rich

10. theonemanyuri

Cheers dude, massively helpful. Unfortunately the auction has already ended though, but will keep all that in mind when I next sell a domain name. I hadn't tried the majority of what you said

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.