Yesterday my 8 month old cat died a horrific death in my arms at the vets after ingesting poison. The Greeks here put poison down sometimes in an attempt to control the feral cat population, but the feral cats know not to eat anything that smells funny. Household cats aren't streetwise, so they'll eat anything. He basically choked to death, the poor little fella was looking at me with his big eyes and trying to grab my hand with his paws. Yesterday my wife spent the whole day crying and my daughter is inconsolable, and considering she is very ill this is the last thing she needed. I think its horrific they poison animals. I'm pi**ed off big time. If I ever find the idiot who laid the poison down it'll be the worst day of his life. Not to mention my little cat, although he was just a cat, was my little furry friend. He'd sit beside me all day when I was working on the computer, an affectionate little thing. I'm broken hearted myself. Oh well.