Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Quality click pricing, anyones profit dropped ?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by rottensoundz, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rottensoundz United States

rottensoundz Active Member

I have looked at my income from Ebay partner network
    and since QPC it has nose dived,
    after looking around there are some very annoyed people in the same boat.( try there own forum for starters)

I think the general consensus is the Ebay affiliate program WAS really good,
    I had one of my 3 Bans site not even in google making me £25-40 a month,
    on the new scheme the same site is around £10,

They also appear to have had trouble filtering out bots
    that while doing there work are mass clicking links which is directly effecting Epc thus lowering Profit,
    on the old price structure this was not a problem.

On the 17th of nov they sent out a Research Email the latter part of it contains questions regarding QCP
    I suggest anyone who has been effected to fill out the questionnaire.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. nnh United Kingdom

nnh Active Member

ebay never did anything for me, always very very poor! The switch from CJ was terrible...dont think their own tracking was any good!

Under the new click system I am actually making some money on clicks :) So for me an improvement :)

4. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

Yes ours has also nosedived :(. Can't help thinking that it is just a way to reduce everyones commission and increase profitability at ebay. We put together a few BANS ebay sites and income rose to about £70 per month a few months back. This new system has reduced it to about a fifth of that so we're about to remove all our ebay BANS sites.

I don't understand how they've come up with this new system. My understanding when we signed up was that ebay would pay us a commission based on completed sales. If that's the case then quality click pricing doesn't apply i.e. a sale is a sale and if there's no sale you get no commission anyway.

5. mat

mat Well-Known Member

The main thing to remember is to drive quality and targetted traffic to them, then you will be rewarded. If you are merely sending them lots and lots of crap traffic then you will see a drop in your commision.

Im sure if alot of people are honest, the sales they made from their sites were completly unrelated to the subject of the site.

For example someone going through your site and not purchasing anything, but happening to buy something later on in the day/next day on ebay who still has your cookie on their system.

Im actualy finding the new system very rewarding and am currently putting more time and effort into this avenue!

6. jimm United Kingdom

jimm Active Member

QCP has seen my income from eBay rise quite nicely.

7. blether United Kingdom

blether Active Member

Ours has risen since QCP was introduced, but sometimes there's anomalous stuff going on which is bizarre. For example one day this month we 'sold' a £5k car, but it was our worst day - EPC of 9p, and lowest overall earnings. Couldn't see anything else that would explain it.

It's not transparent enough for my liking, but what can you do?

8. rottensoundz United States

rottensoundz Active Member

Its good to hear some people have had positive experiences
    and it gives me some enthusiasm to try a fresh approach,

I have started researching on ways to improve the Epc,
    There appears to be a lot of info over at the Ebay partner network blog

This Quote is taken from there and written by James Skelland the Technical Solutions Manager at R.O.EYE,
    “From our experience, the publishers that are set to gain the highest increases in commission are niche content,
    shopping comparison or review site publishers who direct link to the related product and category”

After a bit of reading it looks to me like the perfect referral is now to a customer who clicks once
    then immediately buys or bids on something on the screen they land on.

I will try a few ideas to make my current traffic more engaged on the existing bans sites,

But I am now thinking along the lines of researching niches and writing detailed product reviews and deeplinking to the item.
    And comparison sites using other affiliate networks datafeeds with the addition of Ebay’s new custom banners so there alternative can be displayed along side.

In the first instance the customer has read a lot on the product and is warmed up
    and the second they are only clicking through if the Ebay comparison has something more to offer them.

Would anyone else please share what format of website they use when driving engaged traffic to Ebay ?
    And if they have changed things or plan to do things differently now QCP is here?

9. flamingphoenix

flamingphoenix Member

To be honest I don't really bother with Ebay anymore. Before this new method of paying commission was introduced I was doing pretty well across a number of my sites. Instead I'm generally sticking with Adsense - when I did a comparison between the two it was a lot better. Maybe I'll give it a try for a new site that's in a niche that doesn't have many retailers stocking products. Good to hear some people are positive about it thought too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.