Domain Manage

quickstrips-co-uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by snailbrain, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snailbrain

snailbrain Member

long story but:
    I got the domain when there was some publicity about r@pstraps from dr@gons den.. and how they infringe quickstrip patents -- this is all still going on in the background between the "dr@gons" and the company that makes these quickstrips. There is no trademark problem with selling quickstrips (i was given permission) and the domain could be used for other products of a different nature (headache strips?), striptese?

I don't advertise or PPC them and don't sell hardly any really, very rarely (probably due to my poor design skills).. although i did sell quite a bit when it was in the newspaper.. it will pay for it's self, but that's about it (without PPC)

it's due for renewal.. is it worth anything?

Thanks

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

I can't see anyone buying it and as you have knowingly associated it with the quickstrip product and by trying to sell it now could be seen as passing off as you would be cashing in on their name.

I think you dug a hole for yourself, offer it to the inventor of the product for free, you never know they might pay you something out of good will but don't ask for it or you will get a DRS, you only had permission to sell their product and not the related domain.

Good luck :cool:

4. snailbrain

snailbrain Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.