Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Receiving Western Union?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is a new one for me, customer wants to pay by WU.

I've declined their offer to pay by WU but am curious as to whether there are any known issues with receiving payment this way?

I've heard of the overpayment scam although not sure how the receiver is at risk if they've already received the higher funds in cash at WU.

Anyone come across this before?

Every person i know who recieved money via WU were scammed.

I would aviod, if they want some form of protection us Sedo or Escrow

Every person i know who recieved money via WU were scammed.

I would aviod, if they want some form of protection us Sedo or Escrow

Agreed, I've already said no thanks to the customer.

Do you know how the people you know were scammed? That's the bit I can't work out as if I said yes then I would have physically received the cash.

The cash sent to you would've been deposited to WU via a stolen credit card. You then picking up the cash in your name would give police the right trail to come to you and ask you to hand the cash back over... so although you had the money to start with, you wouldn't have it long.

The cash sent to you would've been deposited to WU via a stolen credit card. You then picking up the cash in your name would give police the right trail to come to you and ask you to hand the cash back over... so although you had the money to start with, you wouldn't have it long.

Ah, gotcha, I didn't realise you could use credit cards, always thought it was cash to cash transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom