Domain Manage

Recently registered...

Discussion in 'Domain Research' started by feKIX, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feKIX United Kingdom

    feKIX Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    539
    Likes Received:
    3
    Hi All,

    Ok...I am a newbie so please bear with me! :mrgreen:

    I know older regged domains have value for their backlinks, time on net, etc...but are recently regged domains (still under 60 day new-reg lock) just as valuable if the name is good, or should I wait until at least 2 months after regging before listing for sale.

    I ask because whenever I reg a new name, I instantly think.."mmmm..like it..list it now"!!

    All advice is much appreciated and thanks in advance for your time.

    :D
     
  2. Domain Forum

    Acorn Domains Elite Member

    Joined:
    1999
    Messages:
    Many
    Likes Received:
    Lots
     
  3. golddiggerguy United Kingdom

    golddiggerguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    3,637
    Likes Received:
    25
    Keep it under your hat for a while, build a mini site, get it indexed and a bit of traffic. Then list it. (or not if it does well and earns you money)

    PM me the domain if you like.
     
  4. retired_member16

    retired_member16 Banned

    Joined:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    3,600
    Likes Received:
    45
    I see this mentioned a lot.

    This is a UK forum, mainly for .uk domains which do NOT have any 60 day transfer embargo placed on them.
     
  5. feKIX United Kingdom

    feKIX Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    539
    Likes Received:
    3
    Cheers!

    Thanks for the info. As a newbie, I didnt know that...I have only sold 1 .co.uk since I started, which was over 2 months old, and a .org (which was subject to a 60 day lock).

    Thanks.

    The question still stands for .coms/orgs, etc though. I assume if the name is good enough, the buyer will wait.. :confused:
     
  6. notoriousfrench

    notoriousfrench Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    132
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had this same question. So what do you think, should you wait a few months before trying to sell a new domain name?
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page