Domain Manage

reciprocal links are they worth having instead of paying for directory submission

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by justwondering, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justwondering United Kingdom

justwondering Active Member

Hi , i added myself to around 30 directorys yesterday all page rank 2 to 4 but on most of them i had a choice , pay for entry or do a reciprocal links , so i did the reciprocal links onto a page on my site fairly well tucked away.

will i get the same worthyness with these backlinks using the reciprocal links as opposed to spending money and paying for each submission...

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Blossom

Blossom Well-Known Member

It's best not to do reciprocal links if you can avoid it...many article directories offer a free, non-reciprocal link option as well. The other alternative is to wait until your link is accepted in the directory and then remove the one from your site - but it's a bit unfair.

I personally wouldn't spend any money on directories (unless they are the big name ones, and even then I'd limit it a lot).

4. WigWam Singapore

WigWam Well-Known Member

reciprocal directory submissions aren't worth anyones time of day unless they are highly relevant (say a fitness directory for my treadmills site).

if you do-do recip links make sure you create a page such as /links then make it no-index & no-follow all of the links so that little is lost :).

Indeed, never spend money on directories unless it is a large reputable site such yahoo, botw or dmoz (their editors like money) :p.

Smaller directories tend to last for a few months then die off as the webmaster looses interest in approving all of the links (you loose your paid links).

WW.

5. atlas Canada

atlas Well-Known Member

Don't you think that this is a bit ethically challenged? After reading that, I'd be afraid to do any deals with you, wondering how you were going to try to screw me.

There are dozens of quality mid-tier directories that are worth submitting to: ezilon, v7n, aviva, romow, etc.

6. WigWam Singapore

WigWam Well-Known Member

Very ethically challenged, but many recommended it (I don't do recip link building as standard). If it was a link exchange between sites such as article sites or friends, always keep the links do-follow & indexable as that is what keeps the search engines going :). If only you knew the types of tricks some directory owners were up to (getting a load of recip links them redirecting their whole site to another).
    How do you know that down the line that directory wont make all of their links no-follow? When you submit your site = description they get a whole page of free 'content' so it is still win-win.

If I promise a link, I give a dofollow link as standard... simples :)

Cheers

WW.

7. Blossom

On the flip side, there are other ways you could spend that money for better results.

8. justwondering United Kingdom

how do i add no follow to the end of a link ?!!?

9. justwondering United Kingdom

hi , do you have a list of all the good mid tier directiories please ?

thank you

10. Blossom

<a href="http://example.com" rel="nofollow">example</a>

11. justwondering United Kingdom

12. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Personally I don't pay for directories. If the directory is a very relevant one, I might add a reciprocal - but for the average directory I wouldn't.

13. WigWam Singapore

WigWam Well-Known Member

Same here, unless it is highly relevant (and great quality). It would be more wise to spend your £15 submission cost on paying a blogger / webmaster from a relevant site to add an article with a couple of dofollow anchor links ;)

WW.

14. justwondering United Kingdom

thanks again , all great advice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.