Domain Manage

Redirecting Google Image Result to Page?

Discussion in 'Wordpress' started by Alien, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Hi all,

One of my Wordpress blogs has been particularly favoured by Google where people have been searching for specific images and visiting my blog.

When they visit the image directly from the Google image result, they get a stand alone image from Wordpress and have to manually click on the Google link to see the original page, if they want to.

I'd like to auto redirect the visitor to the complete blog page and content which shows the image (rather than just seeing the picture) - does anyone know how I can do that in WordPress?

Hope that made sense! :D

Thanks!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. wb United Kingdom

wb Well-Known Member

I haven't looked into how to do it, but I do often find it annoying when websites in the image results automatically redirect me to the main page. Will probably give you a very high bounce rate but worth a try I guess, what's the topic?

4. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Thanks wb, that's an interesting thought.

The topic is about pop-stars. :)

5. wb United Kingdom

wb Well-Known Member

Hmm, in that case I will take back my thoughts as I think the topic of popstars could work well with it actually (especially if you have multiple other images of the same star on the page which people can then look over) :)

None of my websites have are relevant on images so I never focus on those results, but would be interested to know how it does once you implement it.

6. peter_w United Kingdom

peter_w Active Member

I would assume Google will fairly quickly remove/demote your image rankings if you were to implement something like us.

7. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. :)

Peter - I didn't know they did that, thanks for letting me know. Is that standard practice then?

Perhaps I better leave it be and hope people click on the 'website for this image' link then. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.