Domain Manage

Registrant Not Changed

Discussion in 'Sold Domains' started by retired_member6, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

There's so many sections, I can't always find the right forum.

-

When you sell a domain, fill out the forms, what happens if only the tag is changed but the ownership and address and name i.e. registrant, isn't changed? even though I filled out the forms and sent them? is that their fault and when I renew it's my domain again?

The buggers doing this are invariably tag holders and domainers.

Cheers
    Lee

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. retired_member16

retired_member16 Banned

I have a few domains that I have bought that have my tag but I havnt got round to changing the registrant details yet (and prob wont do until I sell them on)

The admin/billing contacts get the renewal notices, so if these have been changed to the the new owner, it doesnt matter that you are still the registrant.

In fact, I have completed transfer forms from sellers that I have just forwarded on to the buyers of my domains. Saves me £11.75 and all that hassle.

4. deconstruction

deconstruction Well-Known Member

depends on your view point:

you are still the "legal" owner as far as nominet are concerned. And if you are a private individual then you will need to send in a copy of a utility bill when you sell the name (unless your a tag holder)

also i think its just messy, if you buy a name transfer the details *thats my view* :)

which reminds me... a domainer still has a domain name in my name ... best chase the buggers :p

5. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Exactly I won't chase buyers, that's their fault, I'll honour the sale but after enough time I may renew it, change tag and sell it to someone else.

6. deconstruction

deconstruction Well-Known Member

i would not advice that, as they can also argue that they paid for it so they legaly own it.

if you let it drop and picked it up then thats differnt (although i personly would not do that either, just seems low)

i would drop them an email asking them to change the name

7. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I aint chasing nobody, it's up to them to change the details. If they don't change registrant then there's a reason for it, I no longer own the domain so why shoudl I get any TM issues and crap like that? However if I do still own the domain then I can do what I want with it, these people should make up their mind which it is, then they can't complain.

8. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Keeping it in my name is low as well, I'm getting 'kin fed up with it.

9. FC Domains

FC Domains Well-Known Member

Just make sure that it's in your terms and conditions.

If they don't request a TAG change, but do change the registrant, I'll just charge them at cost, if I renew it. I will always renew.

If they don't send the forms to nominet and don't change the TAG, I'll remind them each time I renew and after six years it's uncollected goods. If they do claim it very late, I charge £25 to sort it out. (Maybe less now that you don't have to request forms.)
    I also say that after a year I will park it and keep the income.

If just the TAG is changed, it's unlikely that I'd notice that I'm still the registrant. If they don't renew, I'd probably grab it back and sit on it.

10. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Not exactly great customer service!

Once sale is agreed, money has changed hands, and transfer forms have been sent to then new registrant to complete I monitor it every week and chase them it to see if they've: received, filled, sent the forms.

sold is sold.

S

11. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Bollocks, I filled out the form, it's not mine anymore so change it.

12. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Well I may start doing terms then, I need something in writing other than an invoice to suggest it's been sold and I'm not to be the target of a DRS, can you imagine getting a DRS on a domain you've sold, what a problem that would present.

13. admin Spain

admin Administrator Staff Member

In my view if you've sent them the forms then you have fulfilled your obligations in the sale, if they can't be bothered to follow it through that's their risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.