Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Reseller

Discussion in 'Business Discussions' started by cc976a, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

Anyone know any good low cost reseller hosting companies?

I'm currently spending around £200 a year, up for renewal, anyone know of a cheaper option?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. jimm United Kingdom

jimm Active Member

For what resources?
    But good is often not cheap.

4. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Yep I agree with Jimm, and £200 seems very very cheap to me.

5. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

It's suited my purposes during 2009

Very reliable, good search positions, unlimited bandwidth, sql databases - cap of 20 sites (which I haven't needed more until now, but an additional £50 per year will include unlimited domains too)

Can lose the database, but really wanted something that can hold between 50-100 domains/sites, 10MB per site is fine etc... no bells / whistles needed as it is for personal use hosting many of my own domains / sites rather than other clients

Looks like I have a good deal then (?) :)

6. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Yep I would say so

7. jimm United Kingdom

jimm Active Member

Only worry is the unlimited bandwidth (by which they mean transfer anyway). People who advertise these things tend to have to limit you in other ways but also they attract the kind of customers who can have a negative affect on a server.

And what kind of SQL? MSSQL sounds too cheap. MySQL sounds fine.

But if your happy I dont think you could save much and maintain the service.

8. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

I know what you are saying about the negative effect - one bad apple can affect the tree etc... something I am keeping a close eye on!

It is MySQL - rather than MSSQL

9. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

hostgator.com are good.

Reseller
    Unlimited sites $300 = £185 compared to your £250

If you only need to host your own sites, take a look at their hosting plans.

Hosting (unlimited domains)
    I have 38 sites on their "baby" plan. Never missed a beat in the 18 months i've had it. $120 a year = £75.00

10. ABCV Saudi Arabia

ABCV Active Member

Your definately paying too much!
    There are too many companies out there and its just a matter of searching for the right one.

Some I would recommend:

WHMCS Unlimited Reseller Web Hosting | Free WHMCS From Reseller Rocket, I have used this company before but when I was with them last the server they hosted me on was slow and running out of resources, i.e. the company's server was out of space and not me, etc. But since then they have got new plans and seems to me that they have improved a lot. You could try their 15 day trial.

Also would highly recommend Magmahost Solutions - Web Hosting Services, you can choose the location of the server including UK. Server is very fast with LiteSpeed Technology installed. Very good support and I have been using them myself for the last month or so, so far no problems at all!
    Price is very cheap (almost free), yet they claim they don't oversell and also maintain a good uptime and service, as experienced by me.

25 GB Space, 130 GB Bandwidth, Unlimited domains on cPanel all for $2.50 (£1.60) a month or $24.86 (£15.60) a year with promo code 250RSR1. Sounds to good to be true??
    Maybe worth a try?

But you can look for cheap but good and reputable hosting companies here:
    Reseller Hosting Offers - Web Hosting Talk

Best

P.S. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=914696

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  11. rob

rob Founding Member

£1.60 a month?

USA based generic server filled to the brim to make it pay. That word 'unlimited' again, if its cpanel there *is* a limit, so thats a lie.

Not really what I go for in a server but each to their own!!

Incidently not one of these unlimited hosts has allowed anyone to mirror the entire internet yet ;)

12. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Most of the unlimited space/bandwidth hosts in yank land have crippled the service. One of them had 5 second execution time, anything more than 1500 queries to be processed from mysql and it would run out of memory is a joke.

I still use EvoHosting and I'm happy to pay that little bit extra because they monitor was bad apples and w@nkers and unlimited seems reasonable on there, but no where is truely unlimited.

13. wb

wb Well-Known Member

I'm with Xilo.net - have found them to be very reliable for speed, uptime and support.

10GB space and 100GB transfer for just over £200/year including VAT.

There is a 25% off code until the end of this month - if you choose to go with them give me a PM and I'll see if I can find it :)

14. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the advice.

Actually managed to get a discount down to £130+VAT for this. Does cap at 20 sites but 'unlimited sites' was nearer £240+VAT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.