Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Reserve Kills

JMI

Reaction score
Every time I see a domain listed with a reserve and it gets a load of low ball bids and doesn't even sell its damaging potential future value.

Obviously seller wants to test the water or get the best price but whats happening is they just end up in a loop of exposing good domains to a torrent of low ball offers. The only logical conclusion I can draw from this is that they don't know how to price the domain in terms of buy-it-now because they think they are going to be swindled on the final sale price.

It is what it is, the bigger the margin the bigger the greed is what I've found. Strangely. You take a £3 domain name and look at this market, suddenly everybody wants £30k for their domains. They think, "Wow, look at the price of some of these domains that have sold. I want a piece of that ass. But, I don't know jack about this industry, or this domain. What does "Sherk" even mean? Why did I register this? Anyway, let's put a 400 million reserve on it and see which Chinese investor takes it. Wow, I can't wait to buy my own island."

That about right?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom