Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Review: A year with Dropsystem

Discussion in 'Drop catching Domain Names' started by fuzzer, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzzer United Kingdom

fuzzer Active Member

Mr Admin, any domain I value under £1000 - I think it's important to put a BIN/asking price up - gives any passing end-user an immediately feasible sum - let their imagination do the rest - (I remember quite a few years ago when I didn't have clue about domains - had an idea for website and wanted the .com domain, a 5 letter random abbreviation, managed to track down the contact details from whois - sent an email asking 'how much, I'm interested' - and after about 2 months got a reply simply saying '£10,000'. Not knowing too much about domains (like most end-users) I thought 'what a tosser' - end of story)

I don't do much else other than stick them up on Sedo too atm, with the BIN/asking price and a slightly lower 'make offer' minimum bid. Not many have gone for the BIN - they all seem to offer the minimum :rolleyes: - but it leaves some room to play.

But - after all that - I do feel pretty confident that if push came to shove - I could think of a short, sharp pitch on the phone talking to the right person and sell a lot of them pretty quick for low to mid £xxx. I'd be pretty honest and say something along the lines of: 'I'm in possession of a portfolio of domain names including................., ............, ............. etc. - we're trying to liquidate them in the coming months on a short time-scale - we've contacted you as you might be interested in ................co.uk - we're asking for £xxx and have contacted a few others that might be interested. Have a think and let us know.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Great feedback and a good plan, I will try it.

Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.