Domain Manage

RIP Swansea Miners

Discussion in 'General Board' started by domainseller200, Sep 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16070765

We have all been watching with baited breath since this tradgey happened yesterday and I genuinely feel sick and devasted that all 4 minors who were trapped underground in the mine in Pontardawe in Swansea have now all been confirmed dead.

4 innocent men who were earning an honest living to support their families, taken away from their families for no reason.

RIP Pontardawe Miners - Phillip Hill, Charles Breslin, David Powell, and Garry Jenkins.

x x x x

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

damn
    that is a tragedy

4. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Dreadful, really dreadful. :(

PS: I sincerely hope we don't see any sick Pontardawe domain reg's. :rolleyes:

5. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

Truly devastating news the way this thing unravelled, verging on cruel. I have done some daft things in my time but you wouldn't catch me down there.

On another note, I spoke to a few people about this and I don't want to use my donate.org.uk for a charity as I don't tend to like the way a high number of them are basically non profit making businesses paying high wages to their own staff as costs. But I would feel morally the right thing to do to let people just donate direct to a fund for the families of people like this.

Here's £5 for a kids or something, go spend it on what they want. Forget all the red tape of the charities commission and filling in legal crap, here is a bank account number set up by that group, people just drop cash to them. No middlemen taking a cut and all that garbage.

Time is short but I'd love to start something like that for people like this.

6. KingDomainNames United Kingdom

KingDomainNames Active Member

Awful news.
    Rest in peace.

7. BREWSTERS United Kingdom

BREWSTERS Well-Known Member

Horrible news - I feel for their families, they've had a terrible 24 hours culminating in the worst possible way.

8. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

I just hope the wives and kids want for nothing
    the insurer or employer better see to that!

9. Brassneck United Kingdom

Brassneck Well-Known Member

I just arrived at my mother-in-law's about 1 mile from the mine. Everybody is obviously in shock around here and it has clearly been a harrowing experience for a lot of people in the area. The church we got married in at Cilybebyll is at the bottom of the track to the mine. It's becoming quite a sad place for us as the British couple murdered in Antigua on honeymoon a couple of years ago are buried in the grounds of the church - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...moon-murder-Couple-to-be-buried-together.html

As it happens, I did have a minisite on www.pontardawe.org.uk. Insanely it ranks top in Google for Pontardawe and I have been receiving a lot of emails expressing sympathy and well-wishing. I have posted a couple on there earlier today and will add the rest tomorrow.

Once it is clear what appeals / support is needed for the families involved I shall be seeing what I can do with the site to help out.

Stephen.

10. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.