Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Royal Mail Shares....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the Post Office - Royal Mail & Post Office Counters are different businesses, Royal Mail is the letters delivery business whereas the Post Office have the High St shops with all these fancy add-ons as well as the traditional books of stamps. I'm guessing if they are sold off then the sub £1 monopoly will go allowing other couriers to deliver letters making the market even more confusing.

Ah yes!!

Oh well, took a punt via HL for 2.5k. Seems we should get at least the guaranteed £750 and according to he Telegraph, if the city expectations are right that should see an instant £250 profit!

This is the sort of thing where if I do go for it, it will instantly plummet and if I don't it's easy money for all involved. For all of your sakes I won't tell you what decision I made this time around :-D.

This is the sort of thing where if I do go for it, it will instantly plummet and if I don't it's easy money for all involved. For all of your sakes I won't tell you what decision I made this time around :-D.

Ha Ha, know what you mean, never get behind me in a supermarket queue if you are in a hurry. Best of luck to those who took a punt.

I'm an ex RM employee and I think it is wrong (especially considering that RM profits used to go back into the treasury - not sure if that's still the case), but those in power are determined to sell off everything we have and let control go to private companies outside the UK.

It will no doubt end up being majority owned by a foreign company and then prices will go up and up as with other privatised companies. I daren't think how much a stamp is going to cost!
Worst thing to happen was privatising the energy companies.

It's just a big con isn't it - the public taxpayers money builds it, then it's privatised and we all get to pay more to use the service that our money built.

Worst thing with the RM is that their pension liabilities of several £Billion have been passed onto the public, and once it's off the balance sheet they make it private - so in essence we're all going to be paying the liabilities of a private company while that private company puts the prices up and we're even more out of pocket.

Double whammy.

Double whammy.

Better make that a treble whammy - as RM have accumulated so many losses in the past (recent years excepted) they are not expected to have to pay any tax for between 6-10 years

Not yet, HL was having website technical difficulties forcing ppl to deal over phone. That costs £50 vs the £11.95 online price. Surprising that eh?

Got £750 as well, deciding what to do now

Can't decide whether to sell or not! They went up first thing... Which surprised me I must say. Potential RM strikes as early as 23rd, that could drive price down..

Dud you all keep or sell?

I did decide to buy in the end. Still got mine. Heard it might be FTSE listed next month which could help up the share price more, though that is likely already factored in to some extent. No rush to sell right now, as the general trend appears to be upward. Dividend pays in July next year. Not huge of course for those with 227 shares, but worth having all the same.

Unbelievable... if I was a uk tax payer I'd be fuming at it being sold off so cheaply.

It's even more stark since then..selling them now would get you £560+. In all likelyhood they flogged it off for half its actual value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts