Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Saveaddict.com + .co.uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by SamSites, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamSites

SamSites Active Member

I think this name has some real strong brand-ability and is easy to remember. I'd like to compare it to madbid which is similar; the strong word use of mad & addict combined with a word save/bid gives a strong sort of this is big, and in the case of addict, you can save lot's and often. I think it'd work very well for anyone trying to build a brand related to saving. The PC potential problem with any company wanting to be related to the word addict is a awkward scenario. However when I look at mad bid I see a similar kind of relationship; I feel it makes little impact when compared to the strong connection between saving and doing this "very often" - maybe because of good prices, and always being able to, and so on.

This name is a possible brand-able name, as well as being a possible stall point for anyone wanting to get into the saving niche as a affiliate recommending like the moneysavingexpert.com person. With this in mind I'd appreciate if appraisal's were either for the brand-able (for business) price & base-for-website (for individual/affiliate) price, or maybe even both.

I'd love some recommended prices for these two domain names and maybe some why's. It'd be a real help.

Thanks, Sam.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I see where you are coming from on this one, but it doesn't really "work" for me. If you weren't informed it's about money saving, you'd think it was about saving addicts themselves. I think good money saving domains could be strong, but I think better could be found, sorry.

Rgds

4. SamSites

SamSites Active Member

Thanks for the reply accelerator, I agree that it's not perhaps the best domain to see on it's own from a descriptive point of view, but I think with either a title tag or by being used in a advert it's much more easy to link the connection. I think I'm more looking from someone into starting up a site based around helping people save often with discount offers and stuff and gaining by affiliation, I think addict comes out strong positively in that manner, mainly by the sort of returning visitor for saving ideal. With that in mind I'm not sure what to appraise it around. The other end of the scope is of course, having a business. But your very right in probing the problem with addict, still, I think as a media representation I've seen worse and it's very memorable/strong in my opinion with those regards. Think it makes sense to ask appraisers to give me a perspective selling to a business or a individual. Thanks again.

5. peter_w United Kingdom

peter_w Active Member

A domain like this is worth what someone is willing to pay.

I can't see any value myself. If I was building a brand around it I'd also want savingaddict.com/co.uk.

6. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Sounds like a self help/ support site for a junkie good luck finding any business putting there hard earned £££ behind that sort of association.. Zero value

7. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I think savingaddict is better.

Rgds

8. SamSites

SamSites Active Member

The reason for save instead of saving is because saving is typically connected to the actual act of saving someone. Furthermore savingaddict sound's like a business name in the form of "on the go" like animalcaring, or so on. Savingaddict would have been alright (but not as good as saveaddict IMO), but for the fact the .com is taken.

Thanks for all the replies, I know it's not perhaps a easily appraised domain :(

9. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

Difficult one - brandables are difficult to appraise.

Before the posts above I thought the same thing, would have been better as SavingAddict but I think 'addict' has a negative association. May put people off.

10. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Some Words double play better than others - Can't see 'Addict' at work in the 'UK Sales' field unless it was associated with Gaming. Maybe the American market has a different steer in regards the .com

11. SamSites

SamSites Active Member

Yeah I doubt this name is up to much unless in the hands of a (banking)(up-and-coming-sales) company wishing to portray strongly, I'm trying to get in contact with a few companies about it, it is a very strong name after all and I'm hoping maybe for one or two to want to purchase it in defence of another company using it promotionally or indeed to use it promotionally.

Also thought about it being used with a penny-bid auction style site. You know, like with madbid - "Save" like crazy and often (auctions 24/7). Not as good as mad bid, but I still think it'd be cool for a one-off promotion or for a up-and-coming penny bid auction site.

First name I've ever had to look into chatting up with companies to sell it (because of the strict brand-ability), so I'm a little nervous and hence the appraisal. I'll get back to this thread if I sell it for a noticeable amount!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.