Domain Manage

Sedo's transfer dep't VERY slow to respond

Discussion in 'Sedo' started by retired_member30, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member30

retired_member30 Retired Member

We've noticed a real deterioration in Sedo's transfer service. We've been using Sedo for over 7 years and it was always far better on the old email system. I wonder if they have enough staff working on transfers for service has gone downhill recently.

Now that comments have to be posted through transfer section of your control panel you never know if anyone is reading them or if anything is being done. We have a very old outstanding transfer from before Christmas where the buyer paid Sedo long ago but has done nothing to transfer the domain. I've set up six transfers with Nominet and everyone has failed because the buyer didn't complete within 5 days. I've asked Sedo for the buyer's contact details but have been refused that information. The buyer apparently contacted them nearly a week ago saying that he did want to transfer the domain. But the information provided to us was sketchy (I asked them if he phoned or emailed but no info given) and he didn't complete the transfer. I've chased the transfer dep't 3 times over the last 6 days without a single reply. Which begs the question - do the comments we post actually get read?

I feel that I could do a much better job in dealing with the buyer direct and don't think it is unreasonable to ask for his contact details i.e. phone number, address, and contact email. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems at the moment? Sedo really need to get back to providing a quality service that they used to provide.

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. foz

foz Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

I had enough with Sedo and deleted most of my domains from their database.

4. sedo

sedo Sedo Staff

Hi Nigel

I have forwarded your complain to the transfer manager.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kind regards

Joanna

5. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

SLOW with everything.

6. khalid United Kingdom

khalid Well-Known Member

Sedo are about as useful as a conrete parachute. You email them no reply. You do business and it takes ages.

I wish more domainers used Namedrive or other similar services.

7. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

Agreed... I've been waiting 3 days for a response to a transfer update that's passed the 5days.

S

8. sedo

sedo Sedo Staff

Please send me the details of any transfer delay complaints to joanna.birch@sedo.com with the domain name. I will forward all on to the transfer manager.

Kind regards

Joanna

9. retired_member30

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for getting things moving on our case. Something seems to happening now. I know you're always going to get slow buyers but everyone wants feedback and some ideas about the way forward when these things occur.

Kind regards,

Nigel

10. retired_member30

Yipee - transferred on the seventh attempt. Sedo have had the domain transferred to their own nominet account, will do the transfer to the buyer themselves, and will now, presumably credit us with the monies.

11. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Have they only just started doing this? There was a thread last year and I remember them refusing to do it.

12. retired_member30

I'm not sure how long they've been doing this but it seems the obvious way forward for all .co.uk transfers. Our credit note has now been created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.