Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Seeing as Accelerator's post was deleted...

Discussion in 'General Board' started by domainseller200, Jul 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

I suspect that many members here are already trying to monetise the domain names if they consider they're able. If they're not it might be because they're unable or simply too lazy and would be better of selling them or dropping them and being more savvy with any new future registrations. :)

Ultimately if existing members aren't generating content and new members aren't coming along to do it then it must be questioned whether other changes are required.

Here's some options for Alan:

1. He could consider whether he is prepared to invest in expanding the forum and getting new and relevant content created. If the primary focus of a Sunday is an argument between a few members clearly there isn't currently an appetite to discuss topics that would seem more relevant. I don't know if that can be changed but it is possibly worth trying. I feel I've tried to generate discussion around Nominet policy issues and DRS/legal issues in the past but I haven't detected much interest. Is the main interest of remaining members buying and selling only?

2. He could sell the site to whoever was prepared to buy it and if nobody was, instigate wind down procedures and ultimately call it a day.

3. He could let it carry on as it is but shouldn't be surprised to see things move on in the industry and more members falling out in similar spats like today which will need to be dealt with as well as other members moving on or posting less frequently.

I've no preference because it's not my forum and ultimately those that are interested enough will decide where they want to discuss .uk domain names online and then find somewhere adequate accordingly. That still appears to be this site at the moment. :)

Ignore this at your peril because it will be revisited again and again I feel.

(from iPhone)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. fuzzer United States

fuzzer Active Member

1. I must admit - I quite like Accelertor's posts. As a user who doesn't contribute too much myself - I do check the forum daily for 'new posts' to see if anything is worth looking at - ALSO always have my eye on the ball for a good deal. And I must agree with the statement: there's not a lot of contributors at present - so it's good to see some - I've never seen accelerators threads as offensive - always worth a quick read - and some have lead to some good discussions - so not sure why all the beef? Even if it's for link juice - it's a lot more entertaining than some members post - however - I personally don't believe that is why it's done.

2. What happened to Sean???

4. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

Context is everything; I ACTUALLY said you don't have a clue differentiating when someone is making constructive criticism OR making a personal attack - given your responses in this thread shows I am correct; it baffles me why you are offended about something which is a totally true statement?

The tumbleweed photo was posted long after you had reported me to Admin (and what caused this whole thread), so has nothing to do with my question.

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

This has run long enough, so I am closing this thread. Please do me a favour and don't open a new one to start the fighting all over...

Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.