Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Selling a domain name with a #1 Google Rank

Reaction score
I'm looking for ideas on suggested sales routes for a domain I have.

It's pier/co/uk and was owned by an online and high street homewares retailer that went pop in 2008.

Currently the domain still ranks in Google at position 1 for the term "The Pier" which was what the company was called. Would it be worth marketing it to someone like a digital agency?

If there's no legs or benefit in the rank for the term then I'll just keep it waiting for offers!

Adwords suggests monthly searches of 2,900 with a suggested PPC bid of £0.06 - so not a commercially useful term unfortunately.

I can't imagine many people are looking for the homewares company after 9 years.

I'd suggest most of those searches are for the film of the same name.

Some will be for the restaurants/hotels, those must be your most likely customers?

It is possibly too generic to take full advantage of still holding that position. You'd have to find an existing company that would hugely benefit from rank #1, so you'd be talking a countrywide service, and beyond, rather than a local restaurant (as an example). Great name though.

You'd be surprised how many people still email asking where they can get a replacement dinner plate or vase! There's still a lot of old links to the domain from lifestyle articles.

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll keep hold for now!

I already own the-pier/co/U.K. Which i had quite a few Pier articles written about.

Also last week I set up my own company Pier Consultancy for my IT Consultancy business

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom