Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SEO for Directory Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Morning all,

I have a few domains that would be ideal for a directory listing website. I wanted to find out some opinions on how best to build this with SEO in mind.

If I allow businesses to add their sites, their isn't going to be much unique content compared to other directory type sites where they could be listed. I can add a note next to the description field asking the potential customers to make this unique somehow but this could potentially put off customers as more effort to list their site.

Alternatively I could add all the businesses myself manually making the description as unique as possible. Then contact the businesses to try and promote premium listing over free/standard listing.

If anyone has any other ideas that would help, would be much appreciated

Thanks
Gary

I have a little directory, don't do much with it but this is what I've found.

Once your directory has pagerank and you've linked to a few sites, SEO's from their competitors will find you and want links.

Tbf this only leads to a sprinkling of paid listings, but it's a very niche directory, I guess scaled up on other niches it might lead to more.

You will struggle to get google to give much love to a directory site so it's good to think of other ways.

Thanks for the feedback Murray. I will see how it goes and try and put up as much content as possible.

Sorry for highjacking your thread but what is the appeal of directory sites? If I manage to land on one I get straight off.

Are they high payers?

Directory Domain for SEO

Morning all,

I have a few domains that would be ideal for a directory listing website. I wanted to find out some opinions on how best to build this with SEO in mind.

If I allow businesses to add their sites, their isn't going to be much unique content compared to other directory type sites where they could be listed. I can add a note next to the description field asking the potential customers to make this unique somehow but this could potentially put off customers as more effort to list their site.

Alternatively I could add all the businesses myself manually making the description as unique as possible. Then contact the businesses to try and promote premium listing over free/standard listing.

If anyone has any other ideas that would help, would be much appreciated

Thanks
Gary

How do one use these directories or directory to enhance the SEO of his site? Just curious and interested to know more please. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom