Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

SEO Service

Discussion in 'SEO Search Engine Optimisation' started by i4v.net, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i4v.net

i4v.net Active Member

if anyone wants any cheap and effective SEO done on their websites/ adsense templates etc plz pm me.

I can offer examples of sites on page 1 & 2 of google under popular generic search terms.

I will also give u advice on improving your keywords, meta tags, links and overall design and useability.

SEO is not a black art, don't pay through the nose when you don't need to.

thx :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. i4v.net

i4v.net Active Member

Examples

I will generally go through your site and and provide you with the codes, changes etc to improve its SEO friendliness.
    I can not promise instant page 1 on Google for all your given keywords or phrases straight away, but through careful integration and thought most a well coded site with good content should be able to get a good natural listing on the Google.
    Take for example this site I optimised for someone who is a freelance chef under the search phrase: freelance chef:

phrase: freelance chef
    world google rank: page 3

freelance chef - Google Search

This site moves between the 1st and 3rd page of nearly 2million results under this phrase.
    More importantly this client lives in Dorset and wants to be found by people in Dorset.

phrase: freelance chef dorset
    Google rank: page 1, rank 1

freelance chef dorset - Google Search

So unlike most SEO services I focus on getting your website to come up top for the two or three most important phrases and keywords related to your site.

4. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

Sounds likes your client needs to submit his site to my Dorset Search engine! Search Dorset - Dorset's Search Engine ;)

5. mibut United Kingdom

mibut Active Member

If you are talking about the Lucindas Kitchen site, then i suggest you go back to SEO school and actually qualify.

6. mishmash

mishmash Active Member

At the moment this thread is the top worldwide Google result for
    Freelance Chef Dorset

freelance chef dorset - Google Search

iv4 has a great opportunity to link the site he's trying to promote from the page which holds the top-spot and hasn't yet taken it.

7. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

Just shows what an uncompetetive search term that really is!

I bet your clients not very happy! :rolleyes:

Freelance chef Dorset

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  8. ScottJ United Kingdom

ScottJ Well-Known Member

9. i4v.net

i4v.net Active Member

i suggest u go back to school and learn how to read, then u might understand my post more..

my client is more than happy as they get bookings, and dont have to pay for advertising via adwords etc, which if you do search under 'freelance chef' you will see there are lots of people paying good dosh for that search term.

lucindas kitchenis top of page three at moment, but normally between page two and three.

please give me an example of your SEO work so I can see how its done properly..

10. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

Okay so lets look at lucindaskitchen.co.uk then.

First of all i'm seeing a massive two pages indexed by Google on my current datacenter.

I'm assuming your client did not want you to do any on-site SEO? The site is lacking many basic on-site SEO tweaks that would most likely, if you've got the off-site SEO right, see the site climb into atleast the top 10 for the targetted phrase.

So now i look at off-site SEO, and using Yahoo's linkdomain command it shows a huge, huge 9 links, and of those nine links they come from 3 different domains:

www.jminternet.co.uk/portfolio.asp

www.wedding-directories.com

and two internal links from

www.lucindaskitchen.co.uk

So i'll back Mibuts comment, back to SEO school for you.

Perhaps you can tell us what SEO work you've done to this site?

Was it just the case of submitting the site to one directory and creating these meta tags?

Code:
    <title>LucindasKitchen.co.uk Lucindas Kitchen : freelance chef and catering in Dorset</title>
    <meta name="description" content="Lucindas Kitchen - freelance chef and catering manager in Dorset">
    <meta name="keywords" content="Lucindas Kitchen - chef and catering manager in Southwest Dorset, Bridport">
    I don't need to provide evidence of my SEO work, i'm not offering my services....

• Like Like x 1
  11. mibut United Kingdom

mibut Active Member

Lesson one.
    If keywords/phrases wanted are Freelance Chef Dorset, they should be first words in title tag and description.
    You have lucindas Kitchen not once but twice, useless phrase for search engines.
    Lesson two.
    Keywords/phrase are nowwhere to be seen on the page, get them on there.
    Lesson three
    The navigation on this site sucks, get some text links to inner pages.
    Lesson four
    Get some relevent alt tags on photos
    Lesson five
    Use different tags and titles for ALL pages with relevent text on the page
    Lesson six
    If you want to charge for a service make sure that you know more than the people you are targetting to use that service.

12. i4v.net

i4v.net Active Member

Listen, I dont know what stone age SEO book you happen to read before your wrote this reply, but the things you mention make little or no odds.

This is proved because the site ranks (and all my other sites) under under the phrase/s I want it to going against your so-called principles lessons.

So heres some lessons for you:

lesson 1. the biz name is included so when ppl will find through SE, Ses do not always pick up the compnay name in the url - so its not useless for a small business.

lesson 2. phrase and keywords are plenty to be seen, and just becuse u can't see dones mean there not there.

You dont need to manufacture buff content loaded full of phrases

lesson 3

well done..

lesson 4

load the ALT Tags - man oh man you really are an SEO relic :rolleyes: - waste of time

Lesson 5
    im not proeffing to be an SEO god, but there are peoll eon here who know little or nothing, so I can offer some help. It ppl like u charging £,£££+s for seo work when it should be ££

Lesson 6
    Wind your neck in and show me some of your examples - i bet you've probaly never written a line of code in your life..
    show me as someone who is a 'guru' how its done please.

13. olebean United Kingdom

olebean Well-Known Member

I agree with milbut... anything less is back street garage SEO

14. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

Ye gods man get a grip!

I note no reply to my post where i analyzed the SEO work carried out on that site? Why don't you tell us what you've done on that site?

I'll tell you what i'll do, i knock your site off the top, you try and catch me.......

Freelance Chef Dorset

15. paymatters United Kingdom

paymatters Active Member

My hints would have been:

Have a relevant H1 tag

Sub pages should have dashed between words rather than underscores i.e. /dinner-parties rather than dinner_parties (google treats dashes like spaces and therefore reads dinner parties as a term).

16. mibut United Kingdom

mibut Active Member

Seems strange that you have taken my advice regarding title and description etc when my seo advice is out of the stone age
    By the way, i do not charge anything for seo as seo is not my line of business except for my own sites.
    I will also offer you a wager if you are prepared to take it.
    I am quite sure that within 2 weeks at most i can be above Lucindas kitchen in google for the term Freelance Chef Dorset.
    If at any time within two weeks i am then you pay me £100.
    If i am not then i pay you £100 and seeing as you have such a head start and the help of myself and other forum members that shouldn't be too difficult for you should it.

17. yesterday United Kingdom

yesterday Active Member

he shouldn't be allowed to take any of the advice on here, though, or you'll lose your £100?

yesterday

18. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  19. mibut United Kingdom

mibut Active Member

Hi Ash, the bet (if taken) is between me and iv4.net although i am quite sure we will both be above him fairly soon. :)

20. BFTUK United Kingdom

BFTUK Active Member

I realise that, it was tongue in cheek my comment about competetion, i don't know what you've done, i've gone solely for links, if i could be bothered, i'd setup a fully optimised page and go from there.

21. mibut United Kingdom

mibut Active Member

Well,no reply given on the bet, but without even trying
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...,GGLG:2006-09,GGLG:en&q=freelance+Chef+Dorset and http://www.google.co.uk/search?q="f...G,GGLG:2006-09,GGLG:en&start=10&sa=N&filter=0
    so looks like the bet is now off.

iv4.net, if you had bothered to check google before posting this thread you would have seen that for the phrase"Freelance Chef Dorset" (note the inverted commas which give the EXACT phrase) there were actually NO results whatsoever.
    If you check now you will see results for the phrase, but none for your "carefully" seo'd site.
    Pie +humble, if you can, try and make the correct phrase from the the two words given !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By the way, well done Ash, you really went for it.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.