Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Shopify - Who uses it

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
As title, is anyone using Shopify. I having been looking at using it for a few sites i have in mind and just wondering how easy is it to monetise/gain traffic traction.

I have always used WordPress and have dabbled with Shopify in the past but just to mess around and nothing too serious on sites.

Any pointers/tips most welcome.

Thanks

Paul

I don't know how well SEO does versus wordpress - probably not as good but people that use it generally create better looking sites with more features for eccomerce out of the box than woocommerce. Things like sale items, newsletters etc are much easier with shopify. For dropshipping and driving traffic from facebook ads i think shopify is better suited and cheaper.

I’ve used both, Shopify is really easy to use but you’re handcuffed to their pricing and apps.

I find WooCommerce to be complicated and difficult to use in comparison but Wordpress is simpler and you can easily get free apps for SEO etc.

Shopify is doing £1 a month for 3 months so i have signed up to test the water, 3 month should give me enough time to know if i want to continue with it.

I agree WC is sometimes clumsy but WP is more SEO friendly, Shopify apps i am trying to stay clear of the paid apps for now and just run on a flat system but who knows if it takes off then it might pay for itself.

Try SureCart over WooCommerce.

Shopify is a fantastic solution if you want ease of use and a bit of startup money isn't really an issue. If you're just starting up and want to spend as little as possible, the best thing to do is learn WordPress, use a page builder, host it yourself, etc.

I already use WP and have been building sites using it for years.

Shopify i had a client ask me about it so want to get back into it before i decide if i want to take on the work.

If you can get a decent theme customised or even develop your own (for Shopify) it can be better, because you're offloading a lot of the work to Shopify. Plus they have ShopPay etc. which integrates with all payment gateways etc. etc. only problem is that you're locked into Shopify a little bit once your commit, and they often change prices. A lot of their 3rd party apps are really pricey subscription models, and ShopPay does have fees. But aside from that, it can be nice to just "get on with it", when you want to quickly set up shop.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom