Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

shopsinnewcastle.co.uk & others

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by wbmkk, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbmkk

wbmkk Member

Hello

I add an idea a few years ago, so bought shoipsinnewcastle.co.uk as well as several similar names for many UK cities.

I bought most as .coms as well

Sadly for London I could only get the .co version, ie shopsinlondon.co

Of the few names I ended up doing a site for, only the London one is still active (at least I think it is) .. it is, as is shopsinbirmingham.co.uk

Not being a salesman, my idea (to get rich quick) didn't pay off

Are these names worth holding ?

Should I just sell them ?

if so, individually, or maybe in pairs (ie .co.uk plus the .com0 for each city.

How about worth ?

thank you for any input

Last edited: May 4, 2013
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Just as domain names, no value for me.

Sorry

4. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Even when the net was in its infancy when many of this type started they would have struggled now there a non starter,
    Let them drop there not worth developing

5. wbmkk

wbmkk Member

Thanks for your advice.

I now find the Birmingham site has been terminated, at my request a few months ago, so I can not seem to be able to upload anything new.

I have added a for sale sign to one of the images on the London site, so I'll have to think of a new plan to get rich.

Regards !

6. retired_member29

retired_member29 Retired Member

If i was going to develop a directory it would be something like infoLondon or iLondon. That way you got more scope and are not just pinned down to shops and can add all sorts into the directory such as offers, whats going on etc. Guess you would need to scout out the comp though as well. Just my opinion im not an expert of anything.

7. wbmkk

wbmkk Member

Cheers !

Thanks for the advice, but before I had the idea I had never heard of html / css. With the help of a few youtube videos etc I learnt it, so I was never going to be a super designer.

My site does look done by an amateur, but at the time I was pleased .. probably more at myself rather than the site.

I couldn't have done any more, so have now called it a day ... actually I did that a couple of years ago, whenm my father took ill and I had to care for him.

Regards !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.