Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Should we expand our portal offline physically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always very baffling when people start getting upset over forums.. so back to the thread title.. which was.. Would you ever consider moving from a digital online presence into a physical presence..? Instead of going wildly off topic and everyone wanting exact figures and project secrets..

The 3% fee was a wild example not an actual amount for gods sake, (it was just to show PPC earnings are nothing compared to leads/sales conversion fee earnings).. why on earth would anyone outline their full business plan and secrets on an forum to the exact % or fee amount? It's not right to tell everyone your every and exact business operational details, but this usually results in people getting 'upset' strangely enough.. Plus don't tell people all of your exact business rev model - people try to copy..

Yes we had converted leads and been paid for such which is why we are in the property portal business and thus why we are expanding our system & modding our actual real site.

Last edited:
I think people are just confused because the Phab Let website is just Zoopla thin affiliate website. So it's a strange proposition to consider setting up a bricks and mortar office based purely on that.

You mention using various API's to pull the listings in, but also mention setting your own commission rates. Are you sure this is actually possible when using the 3rd party data tools.

Surely the Zoopla API will be credited with any lead generation that comes from your website?

Sorry if im way off the mark here, a lot of what you've typed doesn't really add up.

I don't think anybody is upset to be fair, you asked for advice and people are giving it.

Whether your business will work offline always depends on the business, if you have a two page affiliate site that is a different kettle of fish to a massive online store where people would want to come in to buy.

Usinc 3% as an example was a bit ridiculous - you can list your house for sale online for low-mid £xxx.

If you go to an estate agent you will probably pay 1-1.5%

Your argument was flawed!

If your asking for advice on an open forum then you have to accept some criticism.

I have been an estate agent for 12-13 years so if you have any queries I would be happy to help.

it's a strange proposition to consider setting up a bricks and mortar office based purely on that.

You mention using various API's to pull the listings in, but also mention setting your own commission rates. Are you sure this is actually possible when using the 3rd party data tools.

Surely the Zoopla API will be credited with any lead generation that comes from your website?

Sorry if im way off the mark here, a lot of what you've typed doesn't really add up.

Sorry I've been away on business for the last week so only just catching up with the replies..

We were just saying that it has always been an interest to open up a letting/sales outlet physically and was wondering if anyone would ever consider moving from an online base within whatever niche their business was to expanding into a real offline business for any type of product or service..

We can choose our commission rates from direct listings that we place on our website - that's what we where also saying sorry.

I don't think anybody is upset to be fair, you asked for advice and people are giving it.

Whether your business will work offline always depends on the business, if you have a two page affiliate site that is a different kettle of fish to a massive online store where people would want to come in to buy.

Yes i know people give advice but they go way off topic..

We asked if anyone would ever take a business from digital to physical it didn't have to be a case study for us.. I understand an amazon super affiliate probably would have a hard time undertaking huge in-house stock holdings etc.. but we just like the thought of re-diverting money and personal cash etc into maybe opening our first office which would be offline..

Usinc 3% as an example was a bit ridiculous....

you go to an estate agent you will probably pay 1-1.5%

I have been an estate agent for 12-13 years so if you have any queries I would be happy to help.

Yes sorry it was just a wild % example.. it would have varied between properties etc..

Thank you for the offer - well appreciated.. How have you found being an estate agent? Have you seen a huge shift online.. has it reduced turnover severely? Do you feel people trust the physical business then dealing with online only portals..

Thanks Guys..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom