Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

snap names shill bidding ???

Discussion in 'General Board' started by pendragon, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

The shill bidding does not surprise me. Back in 2006 I payed $1,024 for a domain that was worth less than a hundred. Had to keep bidding as it was essential I got at the time. I thought I'd get it for the $60 initial, as it was not worth much to anyone else. Hopefully I'll be included in the oversee refunds :)

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. jasman United Kingdom

jasman Active Member

Does anyone know if everyone who will be notified to say they are due a rebate has now been notified, or whether it's an ongoing thing and they are wading through a long list of cases?

4. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

I've heard nowt... but no idea if I'm included or not. Can't see any bid history in my account.

5. retired_member12

retired_member12 Retired Member

6. mojoco United Kingdom

mojoco Well-Known Member

I assume they had little choice, but I wonder what reason made Snapnames decide to go public with this ??

7. packeted

packeted Active Member

I spent around 15k with Snap in 2006-2007 and didn't get an email... I got this reply from SnapNames, I guess I'll be in touch. If I don't get a rebate I'd sure as hell like to see my bidding histories!

----

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting us.

If you were affected by the inappropriate bidding, you will receive an email communication with detailed records, auction by auction, from Rust Consulting, the third party hired by the company to administer the rebates.

The communication will be sent out later this week to all affected customers to their email address on file with SnapNames.

If you do not receive a communication from Rust Consulting, none of your domain purchases or bidding was impacted by these events.

If you do not receive the communication from Rust Consulting but believe you were affected please contact them at 888-413-5338 after November 5th.

Thank you,
    Sr. Client Services Representative
    Oversee Domain Services
    Supporting Moniker, SnapNames & DomainSponsor

8. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.