Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sponsorship sought

Discussion in 'General Board' started by pendragon, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pendragon United Kingdom

pendragon Well-Known Member

As some of you know, I am a busy rugby coach in my spare time. Over recent years I have coached numerous county, regional and university teams in both the mens and womens game.

At the start of this season, I took over as head coach of Camp Hill W.R.F.C., a womens team based in Birmingham. The team currently play in Championship North One, just one league below the womens premiership. As it stands, we are top of the league with 3 games to go.

http://clubs.rfu.com/Fixtures/MatchByDivision.aspx?DivID=18066981

Unfortunately, the powers that be have decided there is to be no promotion this season due to the womens world cup.

So our goal for next season will be to win the league and get into the premiership.

So on to the point of my post. As an amateur club, we are totally reliant on players subs and sponsorship. So here I am with my bowl!!

If any of you wish to sponsor one of the top 12 womens teams in the country, please give me a shout. We are not looking for a fortune, and sponsorship can be as much or as little as you like.

The money will be used to buy kit, pay for training equipment, hire coaches for away games etc.

So what would you get for your money? Dependant on amount, pitchside advertising, company logo on shorts, training kit etc through to full sponsorship of first team shirts.

Naturally, all press exposure will give refence to high level sponsors.

So how much are we looking for? Ideally, as much as possible. There is no limit. But for the season, the team needs £5000 to maintain their premiership challenge.

This can be from one sponsor or 5000 !!

If you are interested in helping an already successful team take the next step (and increase your company exposure at the same time), then please, please give me a shout.

Thanks,

Richard

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. pendragon United Kingdom

in case you missed it .....

4. pendragon United Kingdom

Imagine seeing AcornDomains (or your company!!) on the shirts of one of the countries top Ladies teams ??

5. Retired_member41

Retired_member41 Retired Member

Unfortunately I haven;t got £5k for you, but a few ideas, you may have already tried?

Why not contact a large pub and promise to come after every match, and give them say a target of at least 20 get togethers, which includes the after match meets etc.

Based upon say 15 people attending, thats a probable spend of £225 a time, more if your all drinkers. So the venue gets an incom ein food and drink of £4500 over the year, with a profit of typically 45% across food and beverage, thats a profit they would make of £2025

Ask them for this amount as sponsorship, they get a few ads etc, and offer them shirt sponsorship for another £2000.

Why would they give you all their profit, Cos its not much of a gamble for them and they would probably get more, and all the extra business it would bring in.

Check with the planners, anyone recently applied for a big project, been refused a project etc, get them involved, and their efforts in the local community wont go un noticed by the planners, use this as your bargaining chip. This would be the most liley shirt sponsor, ne wbuild developer sat on a load of vacant properties, or plots and no buyers, perfect for them, plus as its a write off, these big players find it easy to do deals at this level.

I'm sure there are dozens more, but my two penneth, about the amount I have to donate :)

6. charlie United Kingdom

charlie Well-Known Member

women? - what about a naked calendar! :) works for everyone else - lottery money?

sorry mate not got £5k, good luck with the team and your challenge

7. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

Hi Richard.

Ref the different advertising options, it might be worth letting people know how much each option would be,

i.e, how much to sponsor the rugby shirt?

I sponsored my local 11 year old school football team, it cost me £440 which I basically paid for their football strip with my logo on the front of the shirt.

How much would it cost to sponsor, say for example the rugby shirts?

8. pendragon United Kingdom

A set of 22 shirts - £600-700 I would imagine

As I said in the post, 5000 @ £1, 500 @ £10, 50 @ £100, it all works and helps us get amongst the country's elite

Shirts, shorts, socks, matchdays, pitchside advertising, warm up kit, post match wear - its all available.

And dont worry, you wouldnt have to deal with me, we have a dedicated sponsorship team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.