Domain Manage

Student and Uni (Spareroom)- (-co-uk)

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by georgiou82, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgiou82

georgiou82 Active Member

fellow domainers...

i have thought long and hard about posting this... to cut a long story short I am now in a formal dispute regarding both of these names...

The reason I was hesitant to post was due to the fact that my posts previosuly on this forum have been included in the representation to nominet.

The individual even copied a post where someone had posted they had a domain for sale, forgive me as I can't remember what it was easyprint or something like that... I made a comment, 'great name if you were Stelios' - apparently this proves im a squatter? lol

basically the person now pursuing these names had been bidding on only one of them on sedo, then threatened me saying the that the price would drop if i didn't accept the offer blah blah blah...

Basically just a word of warning... there are a lot of sad individuals - i'm fighting it all the way!

the individual even quoted that my residentialpropertynews.co.uk should be handed over to propertynews.com etc - what a load of utter rubbish! Its like you can't have a name that contains the words of any other larger companies!!

Peace out the Geo man!

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

Yep, I keep reading stories like this. Even in the early days (on other sites) where people would copy text from msn chat transcripts and use them against the seller.

I think common sense generally prevails.

Most cases that I come across I'd still rather be the seller with someone hassling them and playing games to get the name - if their statements and claims don't add up and I feel like there is no infringement it's a great place to be in. Someone wanting something you have!

I always like a good battle, especially when I'm favourite to win :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  4. pagedev

pagedev Member

[ as we are going through DRS, I have decided that the dispute should be handled purely through that rather than on a public forum, so have removed my comments. Anyone reading the thread for the first time should bear in mind that there are two sides to this and Georgiou's summary of the situation in his opening message is far from an accurate representation ]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  5. lex007

lex007 Active Member

Firstly, you cannot spell properly! Secondly, I sincerely hope you can prove this accusation of purposely optimsing pages for that type of filth. You have now said this in a public place on a public forum. I do hope you can PROVE that accusation. What you have inferred is abhorrent and untrue. Tut, tut. Public defamation of character is hard to defend when untrue....

You shall hear from a solicitor pretty soon i'm sure!

6. fred United Kingdom

fred Active Member

Get your own spelling right before you have a go at other people ;)

7. woopwoop United States

This thread needed some comedy ;)

8. pagedev

pagedev Member

[ see previous message ]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  9. woopwoop United States

I don't really want to get involved in this dispute, between you two, but...

I couldn't replicate those search results and I have no idea why someone would want to use that kind of thing in the title of a lettings website.

10. Beasty

Beasty Active Member

For what it is worth, I did not get those results either.

11. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

They are still there but it looks like google has updated since the screenshot so you need to look a bit further.

Grant

12. fred United Kingdom

fred Active Member

Agreed.

<filler>

13. lex007

lex007 Active Member

Optimising... touche!

14. georgiou82

georgiou82 Active Member

I must say that this was very odd when I saw it too. Another long standing member on this forum created studentlettingagents.com for me - i have neglected the site and not been checking it regularly.

I needed to APPROVE agents before their listing appeared - what happened was that for some reason these listings were appearing without me approving them. I have since been in and deleted them all! so i'd like to thank you for bringing this to my attention.

In terms of it showing what type of guy I am I think your comment is of poor taste and of a low grade.

If you think you are a business man Rupert... you just wait to see what I have up my sleeve!

15. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

popcorn ................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.