Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Student Monetisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a pretty awful looking mini-site but within a considerable niche with age. It's currently getting 100 / 150 unique visitors a day from university students, however it's only making £2 or £3 a day from adsense.

There must be a way to make this traffic convert - anyone had experience monetising student traffic?

TIA

@ James, not sure if this will be of any help or not as I don't know what you currently have on your student site.

Would it be an idea to hand reg a new domain name along the lines of a flat sharing name, might even be worth copying your current domain name and adding "flatshare" to the end the name so it looks branded to your site and reg that.

Students seem to do a lot of flat sharing, then put a prominent link to the new domain name on your site, you can make a free white label flathare site here to earn commission from it: UK's #1 white label flatshare system - WhiteLabelFlatshare.co.uk, that's a site owned by a member on here.

Last edited:
100 - 150 visitors per day generating £2-3 per day is a pretty good return per visitor.

What you need to do is add more content and improve the number of visitors, if you can keep the rpv at the same level it won't take long to make a fairly significant income.

Thanks for the comments chaps. It's such a niche topic it's not really apt for 'promotion' as such, people go to the site for 'advice' and what they get is outdated waffle. I feel a bit bad about that. The site also looks awful, however, adsense was at £4 yesterday £4 x 31 = £124 so I may just forget about it.

I be happy if my minisite make £1 a day, what are you complaining about James?

I guess I can't compare to the professionals...totally different league

Put some pizza and beer ads on there - you'll be able to retire after a year ;)
If you could let us know the site, we could advise better...

Perhaps you could strike up a deal with the NUS, or individual student unions? I know many of them are looking for ways to keep the students turning up with increased competition from bars offering drinks deals etc.

Mike.

There are affiliate schemes for cashback and freebie sites which might convert well with students but without knowing the exact topic of the site it's hard to help.

Amazon books if it's related to a particular course

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been playing around with the adsense the last few weeks, the ultimum placing brought in around £3 a day which i'm happy with. Also linked it to my free stuff site, which makes about 25p a week or something, but it's a competitive area and will take time for returns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom