Domain Manage

Suspended Domain

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by JuanCarlos, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JuanCarlos

JuanCarlos Member

Hi,

Ive been looking to buy a co.uk domain but the whois states it is suspended and it expired in Jan 09. Any idea when this might be available?

Cheers

Carl

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Carl, go to this site:

Domain Name Deletion Dates for Nominet UK Domains

Enter the expiry date and hit submit, that will give you the drop date, it is either 92 0r 99 days after the expiry date, depending of whether the domain is on a tag and has nameservers, if it has, it will be 99 days after expiry date.

[edit]

For example, if the domain expired on January 5th 2009, it will drop:

4. crabfoot United Kingdom

crabfoot Active Member

Re: trademark domain scenario

I tried to catch a domain for myself recently, and fell asleep on the job - it was caught by another member on the last day it was due to drop.

No question, domains can drop at all sorts of times inside the limits given by the tool. If you want to trap one, you have to check at 20 min intervals during business hours, or it will fall to someone else. TAG holders have the advantage that they can look at the domains which will drop.

You might be able to catch it yourself. My recent tries imply that checking at 20 minute intervals on the last day suggested by the tool will get the domain.

Give it a try, but I've missed the couple I was chasing. Whatever, I would not recommend any "catching service" - mostly too slow to catch cold.
    If you want a .com or .net that is falling, you need that service - but Nominet domains drop straight into the public domain, you CAN catch them yourself, just needs diligence.

5. monaghan United Kingdom

monaghan Moderator Staff Member

If it is a popular or valuable domain, then a catching service is the only way to go as there will be automated systems checking for the domain to drop, this will potentially happen from 10 to 20 systems each polling a number of times per second making the chances of a manual catch very unlikely.

6. grantw United Kingdom

grantw Well-Known Member

The only domains you're going to catch by checking every 20 mins are domains noone else wants, private catchers will be checking the best domains x times per second and even the most heavily loaded catching services will be checking each domain every few seconds.

Grant

7. JuanCarlos

JuanCarlos Member

Just keeping my eyes open for it now, don't think it will be popular enough for catchers and its not worth the catch fee imo.

Thanks for the help. :)

Carl

8. golddiggerguy United Kingdom

golddiggerguy Well-Known Member

Just out of interest What type is it?
    • Service
    • Company name
    • Generic
    • Product

Other ?

9. JuanCarlos

JuanCarlos Member