Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Swine Flu ?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by retired_member32, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

Has anybody else been to a nhs walk in centre or the like ? what a joke ? my little boy had a high temperature and a runny nose (which he gets every month)so was given the infamous "tamiflu" and sent home,firstly why don't they actually test for swine flu before administering pointless drugs,secondly why oh why do they brush ever body with seasonal aches and pains with swine flu,surely it must be cheaper just testing each case instead of this,now i know why the statistics are over inflated,now he is down as another swine flu statistic and the following day his temperature is OK,is this the same in every country or just our shambolic country?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Im not going to get into a heated debate about this, winds me up.

People i know and hear about have been diagnosed with swine flu without testing. Its a bloody joke.

4. retired_member32

problem i have is when the vaccine is released will my kid get it because in there eyes he has already had it and fought it off so he is less a risk,even though he has chronic respiratory problems and is at a higher risk from damage.

5. devolution

devolution Active Member

I've done a lot of my own personal research into the 'swine flu' pandemonium (not pandemic!)...
    Suffice to say, that it is a scam, you have more chance of dying from the shot they give you then any 'flu' that is caught... Plus the flu vaccines are tainted with mercury... Who knows what else might be in them... My sister who was born in 1985, she and a number of her friends born around the same time developed severe Crohn's Disease/Ulcerative Colitis etc. - couldn't be have caused by anything but the MMR vaccines at the time (which also had mercury in).

There are *plenty* of natural alternatives - lots of Vitamin C, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Coconut Oil etc.

The 'drugs' they are giving out serve one purpose, to fill the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies...

6. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

My entire household had a runny nose a couple of weeks ago. NHS said swine flu. I said not, just a runny nose.

I have self medicated with natural "herbs" and I seem fine.. I am always hungry though, must be a side effect of the swine flu ;)

7. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

*Bullseye Voice* Innnn One!

"The 'drugs' they are giving out serve one purpose, to fill the pockets of the pharmaceutical companies... "

Legalised drug dealers.

8. Johnp United Kingdom

Johnp Active Member

Chaps

I'll be taking offers then on crohnsdisease co uk

Was originaly registered in 1999, must therefore be an up and coming issue.

Parking stats suggest that already !

LOL - but not for anybody with this horrible condition.

JohnP

9. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

Hardly an appropriate moment to be pushing a sale :rolleyes:

10. BG United Kingdom

BG Well-Known Member

I know it sounds crazy but I've made the decision not to give my daughter tamiflu unless its been 100% confirmed by a lab that she has it (not just hearsay), and even then I'd be concerned about giving her such a drug due to her age.

I'm not a big tamiflu fan to say the least. I can appreciate people need a vaccine to combat such an illness but If all it does is speed up your recovery by a day, I'd prefer to sit it out rather than suffer the consequences of the side effects. I know all drugs have side effects but most have been tried and tested over a period of years, not just months.

Just my thoughts...

Barry

11. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

Completely agree with you. My daughter is 18 months old and I'm not going to play Russian roulette with her health on the basis of hype in the press. Swine flu is not the big deal the press make out... Plus I live in the middle of nowhere in the Scottish highlands.... Even Swine flu is scared to invade us :)

12. BG United Kingdom

BG Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one then (15 months here).

13. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

My daughter was prescribed tamiflu as she had high temp, aching limbs and was sick.
    But later that night she only had the temperature after a dose of calpol so I decided not to give her the tamiflu.
    I decided not to administer it as it turns out that you can only take it the once. So she obviously never had it but if she'd taken the tamiflu and later did get swine flu she wouldn't be able to have it again.

Having spoken to my doctor the next day she said tamiflu is not for swine flu anyway, it's just another normal flu drug but it's the best they have to offer.

14. TinkyWinky United States

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Ha ha ... where are you two then? I am in middle of nowhere but in Borders ;)

Anyways - Tamiflu - problem is it is cheaper for a cash strapped NHS to 'rough' diagnose and hand out drugs than it is to take 10 mins with each patient and then do a lab test.... pure and simple maths...

I could cry when you realise how inefficient the NHS is... but no one dare's touch it cos all politicians are short term thinkers.... (ie next election).

Tamiflu can work for some and not for others - but unless you are really vunerable (ie. an undiagnosed underlying condition) it's almost common sense that you should ride out the flu making sure you get lots of rest, fluids and some plain old paracetemol or aspirin. Same as you woudl with a normal (but heavy) cold.

15. retired_member32

i made the mistake in listening to them and gave my 13 month little boy one dose of tamiflu and decided on not giving him anymore because of quick trawl through the internet and the reactions people are having with this drug i thought i better not risk too much.

16. jasman United Kingdom

jasman Active Member

Guess who was the chairman and is still one of the largest share holders of the company that developed tamiflu, Gilead Sciences? Donald Rumsfeld. He has made vast sums of money from this media frenzy and the previous bird flu one. Go figure...

17. FagEnd

FagEnd Banned

He was also top man for haliburton, major oil/oil services company. But I still think the Iraqi invasion had nothing to do with oil ;)

18. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

There are a few hard truths about all this and it is not good. I will not be letting my children take Tamiflu or the vaccine.

1. Tamiflu.
    Handing it out in schools before summer like smarties. As already stated in this thread, it only speeds up recovery by 1 or 2 days max. Did they tell you there was bad side effects for children? Was it ever mentioned in all the broadcasts the Chief Medical Officer or his cronies made? No it wasn't. It was decided not to tell the publc for reasons only known to themselves.

What happens? Because they are handing out so many, lots of parents start to see their children suffer serious sickness and nightmares and take them to the doctors. The doctors then report to a national database and the truth is revealed. Turns out over 50% of children suffer serious side effects. Only after the truth is revealed, the Chief Medical Officer is forced to make a statement. My kids will not be taking it.

Tamiflu children suffer sickness and nightmares - Scotsman.com News

2. The vaccine
    Did you know that Ministers have taken on all the risk for the 60 million doses they have ordered from GlaxoSmithKline and the Baxter group, after both firms said they would refuse to produce it unless legally protected.

So they are producing this without any liability placed on themselves and they are getting away with it. Quite incredible.

Drug firms dodge swine flu liability - Scotsman.com News

Does this sound like a safe vaccine to take? A third of all doctors have said they will not be taking it because of the lack of long term trials and lack of accountability by the makers. In other words they would not touch it with a barge pole as it coud be a ticking timebomb.

One third of doctors do not want swine flu vaccination - Telegraph

None of my kids will be taking it unless they are seriously ill.

19. pendragon United Kingdom

pendragon Well-Known Member

My daughter has Bronchiectasis, and before going to Malaysia recently, I asked the GP if we should be concerned about her getting swine flu, as her respiratory system is already vulnerable.

The GP replied we shouldn't be worried in the slightest as her current medication (augmentin) would be equally as effective as Tamiflu.

20. devolution

devolution Active Member

A breaking news item on HPV 'vaccine' (which shouldn't be given out willy nilly!)
    BBC NEWS | Health | Schoolgirl dies after cancer jab

21. riz77 United Kingdom

riz77 Active Member

There have been a few cases of the swine flu virus becoming resistant to anti viral drugs i.e. tamiflu. This is what happens if you start giving out anti virals without doing a proper diagnosis. If you have had a mild form of swine flu and thought it was seasonal flu is it still safe to have the vaccine ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.