Domain Manage

Tag holders: The advantages for domain drops

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by lazarus, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazarus United Kingdom

lazarus Active Member

Hi there. When Im watching a domain name that is being dropped and I reserve it using several domain grabbing websites. I Always see the name being grabbed by domainers with there own tag.

Why is this ?

Thanks LAz

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

When you use a public catcher, they could have any number of domains loaded for catching, with tag holders, they might only have a single name loaded at a time, which increases their chances over public catchers, but don't forget luck plays a big part as well, and public catchers can and do beat tag holders.

4. Murray United Kingdom

Murray Well-Known Member

This certainly doesn't always happen..

I see public catchers catch quite a few nice domains, drop system, DACR etc.

But someone catching privately might only have one or two domains loaded, public catchers might usually have at least 5+ per day.

So the public catcher is using up their DAC quota over a few domains so each of them are getting checked less frequently than the private catchers one or two domains.

5. lazarus United Kingdom

lazarus Active Member

I see. Im guessing they use scripts to do this. Do you know of any available to buy. I run windows and linux servers. I know that you need to be a nominet member etc.

LAz

6. Aaron Clifford United Kingdom

Aaron Clifford Well-Known Member

Search the forum, there are 50+ of this exact post and several posts with details about drop catching in. People aren't going to walk you through going into business with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.