Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

TandemBike//org/uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by gentlesavage, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentlesavage

gentlesavage Member

I know some don't like .org.uk so don't beat me up too bad. ;) In any case, any ideas what it could be worth?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

@ Gentlesavage, if the site can't be properly monetised, it wont be worth much to anyone.

I've had that domain name on my notepad for a long time, the singular of it is also free to reg, the reason I never registered them is due to not many retailers supplying tandem bikes, and those that do don't seem to have affiliate programs.

Of the major retailers who sell bikes who also have affiliate programs, If you look on the Evans Cycles website, they only have 5 tandems on their whole site, Halfords don't sell any at all, Wiggle don't sell any either, that only really leaves Amazon with their new and used bikes, they only have 11 tandems on there, which all limits what you can offer for sale on any affiliate site you make to try and monetise it.

4. gentlesavage

gentlesavage Member

I keep hearing about UK domains being free to reg. Which ones are and where? Because I'm paying 18 US dollars for 2 years with godaddy.

5. gentlesavage

gentlesavage Member

LOL, it just occured to me that maybe I'm reading that wrong. When you say free to reg you probably mean that it is available to reg. Oops.

6. ratboy United Kingdom

ratboy Well-Known Member

I'm the online marketing bod for the largest retailer of tandems in the UK (small world) and we use tandems.co.uk. The market is so small and like has been said above none of the big boys carry tandems really. If it was top of Google it might be a different story!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.