Domain Manage

techguy/co/uk

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Bailey, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Last one for a few hours - save hogging the appraisal board.

I am genuinely intrested in thoughts on all those listed just to get an idea what I can offer at a good relative price to attract some instant interest - thanks guys

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. unusualdomain

unusualdomain Member

I would think that it#s potentially trademark infringing depending on how you read the trademark for 'The Tech Guys' as to whether the distinctiveness in their trademark was because of the 'The' and the 's' at the end. I guess you could argue that it was a generic(as it is) but I suppose it would depend on their lawyers. Your domain was registered in 2004 and their trademark was filed in 2006. Not sure about the exact value.

4. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

Thank you for your comments

Yes- indeed I am aware of public records - I consider myself a very ethical domainer and fortunately can demonstrate such - this is an appraisal request for a popular generic term and of course the trade mark you refer to is
    "The Tech Guys "

I'm sure there are some that operate without due diligence or aware of timelines - Hope your not one of them infringers ;)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. unusualdomain

unusualdomain Member

I was just saying that it might be more difficult to sell it due to the similarity with that trademark. Especially as whoever buys it then they will have bought it after the trademark was announced which is more legally tricky(I think I remember a case of reverse domain hijacking with paint.biz) . That's all I meant.

6. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

And If you take the time to actually read the Trade Mark classes - you would have been aware that they were sensible enough NOT to attempt to register the term in a class that refers to its descriptive usage (because that would have been refused)

Here ends the first lesson -Now I'm going to throw myself under a bus for entertainment

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  7. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

What bus I’ll get my camera its worth £200 if it’s shown on tv….? Could you dress as a clown or fly or a snail... Would make a better headline...….. ;)

8. woopwoop United States

woopwoop Well-Known Member

Classic! It hurts to laugh...

9. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I was thinking of wearing a lawyers Gown and wig - Should create more genuine interest

10. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Mmmmm don’t know...? I could see how a solicitor, account, tax man, estate agent etc may be a more generally excepted hate figure's by the general public but on a headline grabbing ie “Bus squashes fly” etc think its more likely to get the £200 how do you set a pole on here….

11. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

usually in the ground, ;)

Ok thats it, this is turning into chat

12. doodlebug United Kingdom

doodlebug Well-Known Member

I think your safe especially as 'the tech guys' was regged as a TM 2 years after you regged the domain, I would say you could sell this to an end user for about £300 to £500

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.