Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Technical SEO Help for £

Reaction score
Hi,

We are migrating from Magento to Shopify plus and would like someone to look over the redirect file I have and make sure its ok, everything is on there that should be.

I have a screaming frog crawl and a file with old and new urls in.

Someone with a good technical knowledge I am happy to pay for their help.

thank you

Jon

Normally the kind of job I'd be happy to do but I'm moving house so have no time.

Should be a fairly easy way to do this:

1. Put the redirect file on a subdomain (and change any URL path to the subdomain).
2. Crawl your old site completely
3. Extract the list, then modify the URLs to match the subdomain
4. You can either modify the URL the redirect is going to for your myshopify.com domain or use the replace domain feature in screamingfrog
5. Upload and crawl the new list
6. Check all the redirects go to where you want them to (bonus tip, render the pages and view the screenshots to make this step much easier)

The good approach with this is that if you let screaming frog crawl absolutely everything, you'll be able to be certain that it catches everything, including sorts/filters etc.

If you want someone to actually do this for you and are happy waiting a couple of weeks, feel free to drop me a pm.

• Informative
Reactions: m4c
Don't forget to check redirects for linked urls (eg from Majestic pages data), not just the current website urls. You want to take those inbound links with you :)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom