Domain Manage

Terms and conditions review

Discussion in 'Website Reviews' started by WealdDomains, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WealdDomains United Kingdom

WealdDomains Active Member

Hi. As ye sow, so ye shall reap. So, having made various comments on the websites of others in recent months, I would appreciate your feedback on my "terms and conditions" website at http://www.wealddomains.co.uk/

My individual themed websites will link to this one for their privacy/liability policies etc - this website will not contain any real content itself.

I have tried to strike a balance between covering all the bases and droning on endlessly with lots of legal jargon.

Thanks in advance for your comments - I am particularly interested in your comments on the content rather than the deliberately-bland presentation style.

David

• Like Like x 1
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. peacock Sweden

peacock Active Member

Hi David,

I read through it and couldn't find anything "wrong".

Only concern, by putting your email address on there you might end up with lots of automated spam ?

4. WealdDomains United Kingdom

WealdDomains Active Member

Thanks peacock,

I'm struggling with how best to present myself, since I am a small sole trader, with an unrelated fulltime job, without a physical public presence. I have toyed with using an accommodation address or PO Box, and in the end I decided to go with a robust defence of being online only ... but it's a bit difficult to do that without disclosing an email address. Another factor is how best to satisfy the transparency angle of consumer protection legislation/policies.

I did wonder about simply omitting the mailto: or disguising the address itself, but in the end I decided that making access difficult or mysterious would look suspicious to the average visitor, for little real anti-spam benefit. I see a difference between generic spam simply because an email address is live (which I hope filters would largely pick up) and targeted spam because of the subject matter of the websites (which I'm willing to risk).

By the way, since posting I have noticed that I need to add a standard phase to adhere to Amazon T&Cs.

Thanks again,
    David

Last edited: May 11, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.