Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

That Sedo sale email = your misfortune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know there's a sticky thread but, nice to know things haven't changed

A recent 3 character.net sale. All concluded between me and the enquirer - that was until, unknowingly he/she asked Sedo to handle the transfer. :evil:

Now i've learnt why the recent poster for a free PDF 'creating' prog was here at 'Acorn' ( thanks)... Is it a new hoop or what ???

Please supply an invoice (Faxed ???) or emailed in PDF format only ?? to comply with the sales criteria.

I'm going to give credit to Julian (my assigned sales advisor) at SEDO for acting and supplying updates in the most comprehensive of fashion. well done mate

He talks like hes been through this unnecessary loop a thousand times. But what has striked me is just how unknowing most occasional domain sellers might be of this "Strip search" approach to domain selling may be. (And scared off)

The real trouble with SEDO is though. Beliving that it is only a Sedo "perceived" World out there = I think that's something stickly German, what with that an the recent Euro crisis = No war + Influential control by stealth :cool:

Last edited:
Please supply an invoice (Faxed ???) or emailed in PDF format only ?? to comply with the sales criteria.

that's nothing new, you only have to supply one if the buyer asks ;)

and a quick tip for Mac owners who don't have a pdf maker.

Simply go to >file >print> output your document as pdf. Job done.

Thanks fish - I'm so used to handling my own transactions. Its disconcerting to be dictated to

Escrow etc = no problem'

PS one day i'll have enough spare money to afford a mac

Last edited:
In any sale, I think it should be the sellers prerogative if an invoice will be supplied or not. A purchase agreement should be satisfactory.

In any sale, I think it should be the sellers prerogative if an invoice will be supplied or not. A purchase agreement should be satisfactory.

I agree with you foz - and that should come (from) and with any 'buyers chosen' intermediate

Last edited:
I agree with you foz - and that should come (from) and with any 'buyers chosen' intermediate

I did ask Sedo for an opt out option for sellers, so that the buyer couldn't select "invoice required". I believe most buyers select because its there. Its just a time waster for sellers. If Sedo want it they should pay sellers their time to produce it or at least automate it so the seller can just add a VAT number and press a button.

What is Sedo's response if you say you wont provide them with an invoice?

Its evidently still a buyers option. Even when a seller shows VAT not applicable - Sedo did link the sale to my SEDO account +1

Go through Vat procedure = -1

Guess I could go through the standard 3,000 Year Sedo payment delay to find out. :p

Don't forget my x,xxx buyer is a confirmed payer - But In the mean time I'd be happy to play around with somebody elses money anyday :shock:

Last edited:
there's an even easier way to make a pdf Bailey

I take it you have a gmail account or google webmaster account/ as they are all in one bundle now once logged in

https://accounts.google.com/Service...llowup=http://docs.google.com/&ltmpl=homepage

nab a free sample from them, they have example invoices etc

fill in, choose format, pdf etc

email to yourself in gmail account
download and resend

piece of proverbial :D

NB: i got asked for one once by sedo buyer once sale had completed and i got paid
needless to say, they are still waiting for it :D

Through my years of non-compliance, only had one sale fall through.

A senior account manager told me once, that its optional to provide an invoice when asked.

I deal with sedo very rarely. If ever these days

I'd love to post the "thoughtful" email reply I sent the domain buyer who unwittingly went to Sedo for Escrow (Polite but Blunt) but it would be wrong.

Sedo now seem to have employed this sort of TICK or CROSS template to the entire transaction - Guess while there's a cross in one box they would be happy to hold on to the money.

Anyway - I'm going down the Sedo compliance route - just this once.

But God help them if they show it as a Sedo sale - then I will let rip
----------------------------------------------------------------------
As an observation Sedo talk about their current interface = as being "Buyer-Friendly"

If after all these years they don't have a 'Grasp' on both ends of the stick (Buyer and Seller) they don't deserve anything better than a throw-away value of their services.

Last edited:
Bailey
Sorry if English isn't your first language and you post some unintelligible garbage at times, but "striked"?
Are you for real?
Bruce

Bailey
Sorry if English isn't your first language and you post some unintelligible garbage at times, but "striked"?
Are you for real?
Bruce

I'm not sure what the "striked" Quote/emphasis is about Bruce

Ps Is "Bruce" your real name ? or just a piece of humour.

Yep Sedo do actually use a Cross/tick compliance box for sales progressing - somehow though I do accept you wouldn't know

Last edited:
I was referring to your comment "But what has striked me is just how unknowing most occasional domain sellers might be of this"

In English the past tense of strike is struck, not striked.

Sorry, no offence was intended, it just "striked" me as funny!

Yes, my real name is Bruce, yes it is a really funny name, I laugh myself to tears when I think of it.

Best wishes.

Bruce

Ok we will ignore your "unintelligible garbage" reference. and move the thread on.

Probably, is at about its die time anyway - I guess you won't comprehend that either

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts