From time to time, I've posted a little roundup of my experience in drop catching, so I thought it would be good to do another summary. Looking at the last 12 months, there were 1,648 domains that I tried to catch via a combination of drop catchers (aside: I do not drop catch myself, nor am I looking to at the moment) Of those, 628 were renewed. Of the remaining 1,020 domains that actually did drop, I ended up catching 556 i.e. 54.5% of all "possible" catches that I was after. I freely admit that the "best stuff" generally went to others (and I never even try for 3-letter domains) but overall I'm still very happy with what I ended up with. There are a few strategies that seem to have contributed to the above... A) Booking names as early as possible (I book domains over a month in advance in most cases, based on my private lists) B) Booking names "everywhere" i.e. with every possible catcher. Means a little more work at the end of the month come invoice time, but it gives me a much better composite chance at catching. C) Not bothering with the "unattainable" like 3-letter names and some very obvious "stars" that will with 99.9% certainty go to one of a handful of private catchers.