Domain Manage

The 'Met's' Secret Million Pound Planes

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Pred, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. namdas

namdas Active Member

4. BREWSTERS United Kingdom

BREWSTERS Well-Known Member

Too far-fetched for fiction.

I wonder if they can come up with anything that stops burglers?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  5. mally United Kingdom

mally Well-Known Member

It's surprising how many burglary's happen overnight when home owners don't lock their doors, or leave car keys to their 50k mercs parked on the drive on the window sill! Burglars will go for the easy option always:)

6. GreyWing

GreyWing Retired Member

I know some stories about what goes on on board these planes and what they see.

The planes don't chase cars or burglars and stuff like that. The guy I know who works on board one, can't discuss any technology that is on board it. Even though I was security cleared at the time, way above the basic level of security clearance of most Police or military.

I have seen one in the air and it doesnt' stand out or anything, no missiles, no machine guns attached... :-( I didn't even know what it was at the time. So it's not invisible or anything.

7. scooter United Kingdom

scooter Well-Known Member

Big Brother

No surprise there. Just a baby version of Echelon. The eavesdropping network that officially never existed but was proven to be true.

Quote:
    Imagine a global spying network that can eavesdrop on every single phone call, fax or e-mail, anywhere on the planet. It sounds like science fiction, but it's true.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/503224.stm

A great tool in terrorist chatter but sadly, an even greater tool when it is used for commercial advantage. (no surprise there either!)

Due to a strange anomaly of european tenders being awarded to the USA, the European parliament set up a comission to see if it really existed. It did/does. Sad thing is the UK is a major part of it and denied any knowledge. Even to the sane European parliament we are a member of.

http://www.fas.org/irp/program/process/rapport_echelon_en.pdf

As far as i'm aware, the rediculous thing is its official existence is still denied to this day even though many people involved have spoken out about it.

On a positive note, i've no doubt it has stopped many an attack here in the UK before they could shift into 1st gear and i'm sure it will continue to do. But there is always a dark side as to what else they can be listening to and acting upon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.