Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by Mark One, Jan 12, 2010.
Interested in your thoughts on value pls.
Nice enough name but difficult one to value I'd say.
Religious names do tend to sell pretty well in the US, but I'm not so sure in the .co.uk extension.
My guess is anywhere from low £xxx to low £x,xxx depending on who you sell it to and who contacts who about the sale.
Sorry to be vague lol - one thing I would say is I don't think it's a name to sell on a domain forum if you're looking for the full value if that's any help.
It went for £6,000+ recently didn't it? Are you the buyer?
Well there you go, who'd have thought it. Good price for the seller.
That sale does not surprise me at all. This is a good domain with some good potential based on the revenue streams available from selling religious merchandise.
Nope I'm the extremely hacked off seller. Sedo canceled the auction (rightly I guess) as the buyer hadn't responded within 14 days. Feels pretty harsh as I thought they had some sort of authentication in place for bidders at that level and I'm back to square one.
Not sure whether I'm going to put it back on the market or redevelop it myself just yet so I came here for some input.
And got it
I'm wondering if the sale did actually complete or if the buyer in the auction has defaulted given it closed almost 3 weeks ago?
Last update on the Whois is still 02-October 2009, and the registrant is still "Mark... "
Over to the OP...
Beat me to it. Have Sedo contacted the original bidder to see if they'll honour the £5.8k bid?
Have you tried contacting end users? God maybe?
Sucks when someone defaults though...
I sold TheBible on Christmas Day and got burned. What's the world coming too ...
I'm trying to get a phone number for the buyer from sedo so that they may feel my wrath from afar.
Got to laugh I guess ...
The buyers details should be on the contract you can get through the Sedo control panel. Sedo have to give you the sellers details when they cancel a transaction that was agreed.
Thanks TY. Yes, I have the postal address but realistically there's not a lot I can do. Will put it down to experience and start over. It's still a good domain imho.
This is a great name for an end user.
I'm sure you'll get more decent offers in time.
Sedo can be frustrating sometimes can't it ?
Very sorry to hear that Mark. I notice that 5 bids took place. In such circumstances is it possible for the second highest bidder to be offered the sale?
Hi Newguy - no idea. I have asked sedo about this or whether they could inform other bidders that the domain is available again. Not heard back yet - will let you know.
Have you checked the time line associated with the sale?
I read on here that some people had tried and failed all over the christmas and new year period to contact sedo.
Maybe the buyer couldnt reach anyone and wanted the domain so much, they got peeved and a few weeks later when sedo were back they had gone off the boil.
You should put it back up for auction and any less than 6k, pay ya very small fee online and take it to small claims, you can claim upto 5k there, I'm sure that will cover the shortfall should you sell for less.
Make it rock solid like it sounds, and the magistrate will surely rule in your favour, after all you had spent that money and were relying on it thinking the sale was a done deal.
If they do not turn up the judgement will go for you, if they dont pay, simply have the judgement tranferred to the sheriffs court in london and they will rule in your favour. You can then send any bailiff to their address and in or not, they can gain access and remove enough to meet your debt.
So sedo lose 25k worth of stuff to raise your 5 k at auction, seeing as auction items from bailiffs typically get around 20% of the value.
As my kids would say, do it..do it...do it lol
I'm sure sedo will sort it for you, but why not make an article out of it and ask for it to be published in pauls new domain magazine?
Guys, thanks for all the input. I've decided I don't want to get bogged down in this - it happens. I'm just going to put it down to experience and put the domain up on sedo again, and maybe here, with a bin price around the auction value - for the time being anyway.
Here we go again - got a 5.5k bid and thinking hard about going for an auction again, despite previous experience.
Go for it
It seems your domain is getting bids in the 5k plus range within 90 days no matter what. If time is not a a factor just send it to auction and if for whatever reason the deal falls through again, just hold and wait for another buyer to show up. I don't think the readership of "the bible" is going to go down at anytime so the value of your domain can only go up throughout the coming months and years....
Separate names with a comma.