Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Today's 2 letter domain drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Unbelievable that today's 2 letter domain drops didn't get renewed considering the prices paid in the auctions when they were released, and that wasn't very long ago. Congrats to all who caught one. A pity the .co.uk/ .uk name combinations have been split though. If catchers can agree to sell them together as a bundle I think they would fetch a higher overall price.

I don't think they were auctioned

Think they were got with TMs (may be wrong)

Not sure what they had to pay.

I believe they were trademarked domains also; not sure therefore if any premium was added. Maybe buyers from the time could confirm, as I'm sure they questioned missing domains.

Agree though that split domains, especially on these is a shame. Chuffed to bits for Sean though.

I got the order wrong, otherwise they were all mine...naturally :p :D

I think the registered rights phase domains were reg fee unless there was more than one applicant, in which case they went to auction.

Grant

Well that makes more sense if they were TM registrations but even so, no matter what the original price was they still have a current market value orders of magnitude more than the renewal fees. I'm sure had they been renewed and immediately auctioned on DL for example, the two names with a 'q' would have fetched at least £500, maybe quite a bit higher and ne easily into 4 figures. Funny that the previous registrants were on the ball enough to find out what to do to claim the names a few years back and jump through the hoops, but didn't get it together to simply renew them!

Well that makes more sense if they were TM registrations but even so, no matter what the original price was they still have a current market value orders of magnitude more than the renewal fees. I'm sure had they been renewed and immediately auctioned on DL for example, the two names with a 'q' would have fetched at least £500, maybe quite a bit higher and ne easily into 4 figures. Funny that the previous registrants were on the ball enough to find out what to do to claim the names a few years back and jump through the hoops, but didn't get it together to simply renew them!

Businesses change, members of staff responsible do too; either they forgot, changed ownership or in the case of qh, went into liquidation and the assigned liquidator didn't manage the process properly. I actually tried buying qh from the liquidator (never recommended, they are useless) in October and they confirmed it was sold with intellectual property at the commencement of the administration, so clearly the new owners didn't think to renew either. There loss is our gain, well Ed's, Sean's etc anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom